D&D 5E [D&D 5e] It's a Brand New World [FULL]

Shayuri

First Post
That can work. I envision a forest, perhaps with an elf 'city' at the heart, with a ton of fey and similar creatures in it. Some human villages around the border, perhaps near a river, who do some logging and trapping, but can't venture very far in without running afoul of the enchanted creatures within. And of course, the logging would be done with the permission of the elves, and so humans tend to resent their oversight and often apparently incomprehensible requirements.

sithramir

First Post
*In Progress just copied another sheet for me to edit as I work.
[SBLOCK]
Name: Damon Everwood

Sex: Male
Race: Human
Class/Level: Wizard/1
Alignment: Lawful Good
Size: Medium
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (human)
Init: +2
Senses: Normal
Passive Perception: 15
Speed: 30'

DEFENSE
AC: 12 (+2 dex)
HP: 11 (1d6 +3 con +2 Tough)
Saves: Intelligence, Wisdom
Special Defenses:

OFFENSE
Speed: 30ft
Melee: Quarterstaff +4 Attack, 1d6+2 Bludgeoning
Ranged: (Light Crossbow, ammunition)+4 Attack, 1d6+2 Piercing (Dagger)+4 Attack, 1d4+2 Piercing
Special Attacks:
Spells: Attack +5 (Saving Throw DC: 13)
Cantrips Known: XX, XX, XX
Spell Slots: (1st) 2
Spells Known: x (1st), x (1st), x (1st), x (1st), x (1st), x (1st)

STATISTICS
Str 8 (-1), Dex 14 (+2), Con 16 (+3) +1 racial, Int 16 (+3) +1 racial, Wis 10 (+0), Cha 8 (-1)

Saves:
Str: -1
Dex: +2
Con: +3
Int: +5
Wis: +2
Cha: -1

Background: Hermit
Life of Seclusion: I retreated from society after a life-altering event.
Feature: Discovery - The reason for my "return" to real society is I have uncovered a long forgotten fact that now may become truly damaging to the world.

Traits: I am utterly serene, even in the face of disaster.
Ideal: Emotions must not cloud our sense of what is right and true, or our logical thinking.
Bond: Should my discovery come to light, it could bring ruin to the world.
Flaw: I like keeping secrets and won't share them with anyone.

Skills (Proficient in bold) 2 Wizard, 1 Human, 2 background
Mod Attribute Name of Skill
+2 (dex) Acrobatics
+0 (wis) Animal Handling
+5 (int) Arcana
-1 (str) Athletics
+0 (cha) Deception
+5 (int) History
+0 (wis) Insight
+0 (cha) Intimidation
+3 (int) Investigation
+2 (wis) Medicine
+3 (int) Nature
+0 (wis) Perception
+0 (cha) Performance
+0 (cha) Persuasion
+5 (int) Religion
+2 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+2 (dex) Stealth
+0 (wis) Survival

Languages: Common, Draconic, Infernal, Abyssmal

Racial Abilities:

Feats: Tough

Background Abilities: Hermit

Skill Proficiencies: Herbalism kit, Medicine Kit

Tool Proficiencies:

Equipment: A set of traveler's clothe

Feature:

CLASS FEATURES
Spellcasting: Intelligence DC 13, +5 attack
- Arcane Recovery
-Ritual Casting
-Spellcasting Focus

Proficient:
Armor: None
Weapons: Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows
Tools: None

Combat Gear:
Dagger x2
Light Crossbow w/ 20 bolts
Quarterstaff

Other Gear:
Spellbook
Spell Focus (Orb)
Traveler's clothes
Belt pouch
50' hempen rope
component pouch
backpack
bedroll
mess kit
tinderbox
Winter Blanket
Scroll cse
10 torches
10 days of rations
waterskin
*potion of healing 2d4+2
Money: 25 gp, 5 sp

Weight Carried: xx lbs
Carrying Capacity: 120 lbs
Push/Drag/Lift: 240 lbs

Physical Appearance:
Tall and lanky. Damon is quite skinny and stands at 6'-0". He tends to slouch and has unkempt black hair but is always clean shaven with no facial hair. He wears the robes of his order and typically walks with his quarterstaff. He does not seem to pay attention to his surroundings often lost in thoughts. He always appears calm and serene and is not one to appear surprised even though he seems to not be paying full enough attention.

Backstory:
Damon has a secret and it might just be earth shattering. If that wasn't enough, he has visions. Dark tidings of a future he hopes may not come to pass. While studying as an apprentice he made a discovery that went in line with his visions showing that, clearly, he was not deranged and this possible future may come to pass. He now must do as any hero does, he must seek out a way to save the world at any cost. Knowing few would understand his secrets or his visions, Damon trusts no-one and seeks ways to further his goals. It must be him who helps bring a brighter future to pass. No fool, he welcomes the aid of others as no 1 man can truly accomplish something but he trusts you only as far as he can throw you (and that isn't very far). He's realizing that locked in a tower, studying books while quite delightful to him, that a life of seclusion just wasn't in the cards for him. To save the world he must become the mightiest of archmages, but he also must find that place of his visions where darkness and light clash and he is dab smack in the middle!

[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
That can work. I envision a forest, perhaps with an elf 'city' at the heart, with a ton of fey and similar creatures in it. Some human villages around the border, perhaps near a river, who do some logging and trapping, but can't venture very far in without running afoul of the enchanted creatures within. And of course, the logging would be done with the permission of the elves, and so humans tend to resent their oversight and often apparently incomprehensible requirements.

I like it.

Shayuri

First Post
I'm confused. You list him as a wizard, but later in the sheet you clearly have him built as a bard? :)

Interesting background! More fey ties. HMMMM.

Oh, I see now. You're editing a pre-existing sheet. My bad! Proceed. :)

Shayuri

First Post
Okay, time for a decision. I have three ideas:

1) Gal from one of these logging villages by the elfwoods, who's half-elf with weird magic dogging her heels and subject to some prejudice there. She runs off one day to join a traveling circus and goes along with them for awhile, having fun. But while she liked it, there was only so much she could do...and it got old after a bit. So she took what she learned and set off to find her own fortune. Ilshana is actually half-fey, not just half-elf, but keeps that firmly under her shirt as she's well aware that it could bring the wrong kind of attention from mortals and immortals alike. She's worried that the fey may want to spirit her away to the other world if they find her, as she's heard they have few children of their own... Fey warlock at first, going into bard quickly and then concentrating mostly on that.

2) An elf druid who has ventured into human lands hoping to better understand their ways...and perhaps to learn how best to mediate between her people and theirs. She's very concerned about the future of elfkind in a world increasingly dominated by human beings, and hopes to build bridges to avert the possibility of warfare in the future. Pure druid.

3) A human druid who, unlike most druids, hasn't learned his craft...rather, he's remembered it. Slowly but surely, memories are coming to him of a previous life where he was also a druid. A very powerful one. If these shadowy thoughts are correct, he is someone who has in fact lived many times, and able to carry his previous experiences forward with him. As such, though he's young in body, his mind and soul are quite ancient...even if he has to intentionally explore and find those things within himself. Also pure druid.

Phoenix8008

First Post

1) Gal from one of these logging villages by the elfwoods, who's half-elf with weird magic dogging her heels and subject to some prejudice there. She runs off one day to join a traveling circus and goes along with them for awhile, having fun. But while she liked it, there was only so much she could do...and it got old after a bit. So she took what she learned and set off to find her own fortune. Ilshana is actually half-fey, not just half-elf, but keeps that firmly under her shirt as she's well aware that it could bring the wrong kind of attention from mortals and immortals alike. She's worried that the fey may want to spirit her away to the other world if they find her, as she's heard they have few children of their own... Fey warlock at first, going into bard quickly and then concentrating mostly on that.

2) An elf druid who has ventured into human lands hoping to better understand their ways...and perhaps to learn how best to mediate between her people and theirs. She's very concerned about the future of elfkind in a world increasingly dominated by human beings, and hopes to build bridges to avert the possibility of warfare in the future. Pure druid.

3) A human druid who, unlike most druids, hasn't learned his craft...rather, he's remembered it. Slowly but surely, memories are coming to him of a previous life where he was also a druid. A very powerful one. If these shadowy thoughts are correct, he is someone who has in fact lived many times, and able to carry his previous experiences forward with him. As such, though he's young in body, his mind and soul are quite ancient...even if he has to intentionally explore and find those things within himself. Also pure druid.

If you're asking for our opinions, I like #3 the best, followed by #2 second. The reincarnation angle is awesome. You can tie that into various ancient history things. Make sure he's got proficiency with History skill to account for his 'knowing more'. He could have been there when the big disaster happened on the Elven Island #2 2,500 years ago. Heck, as a powerful Druid, maybe he was forced to cause that devestation to avoid a total planetary calamity?! So many fun possibilities!

industrygothica

Adventurer

As a fan of the uncomplicated, I like the second one. :) You might be able to incorporate Bjorah's Cliff into your narrative, if you're interested. It's a pretty rustic place, which kinda seems like what your going for.

-IG

sithramir

First Post

I like the third option. But i'm so slammed at work i can barely think. Just my opinion though! :)

Shayuri

First Post
Okay so it sounds like druid for the win!

I will read up on the druid builds and see what catches my fancy...and in the process also pick which concept to use.

Thanks for the feedback!

Remove ads