TV Defenders Mini Series and Heroes for Hire

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Although I've heard the rumours about DD and Luke Cage, I've just discovered the big plan to develop a Defenders miniseries and four independent shows featuring DareDevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones (who I admit I don't know much about other than being Luke Cages baby mama).

I love the idea of the grittier B-grade heroes getting their own features (although I think Luke Cage and Iron Fist together as a team would be a better show) and on reflection really think that this is what season 1 of Agents of SHEILD could have been - ie how do the street level minor heroes react to the Battle of New York. Oh well that didn't happen

Anyway how do you all think a gritty 'adult focussed' minor-supers team up is going to go? Will it capture the audience ratings? or will it add more dross to the potential Hero glut.

and are they the 'right' set of heroes for TV?

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I think the economics of this area a bit different - on Netflix, they aren't fighting for ratings in the same way broadcast shows are.

I think the concept has legs. But concept along doesn't do much. It will depend on the writing and acting. Marvel seems to be aware of this, as the writing on most of their stuff has been good. So, I think we can be hopeful.

Remove ads