Shotguns

ivanhoe

First Post
i like shotguns but the d20 modern people just didnt make the kind i would want, though they do have a sawed off version of it. i want a double barrel 12 or 10 gauge with full length. i was thinking i would use same stats as sawedoff shotgun except 30 ft range and large size. i just want to make sure that's fair

Henry

Autoexreginated
In my opinion, two things were not done very well in d20 Modern: Shotguns, and Autofire. I would actually prefer Call of Cthulhu's rules for these two elements, than d20 Modern's.

In CoC, shotguns deal damage by the range they are fired at. At the third range increment, they are only 1/2 to 1/3 the power they are at close range. However, a person can use slugs for better damage at long ranges, but poorer damages at short ranges comparatively.

kreynolds

First Post
Henry said:
In CoC, shotguns deal damage by the range they are fired at.

Then you would probably like the supplemental rules in Ultramodern Firearms. In there, shotguns receive a damage penalty for each additional range increment, but no attack penalty. I've adopted that for my games.

Henry

Autoexreginated
kreynolds said:

Then you would probably like the supplemental rules in Ultramodern Firearms. In there, shotguns receive a damage penalty for each additional range increment, but no attack penalty. I've adopted that for my games.

Y'know, eventually I am going to fail my will save and buy the darned thing. I keep trying to resist any new game books until February, but it's people like you that make this dream impossible. ;)

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
Ranger REG said:
Unless you want to wait for the second printing of Ultramodern Firearms. :cool:

I'll bite, what is different about the second printing and when is it slated to be released? :)

I have a feeling I will have to buy this book.

Last edited:

Ranger REG

Explorer
Sorry, I mean the second printing of UMF d20.

I have subscribed to the belief that the second printing of almost any RPG product usually contains less errors than the first printing. Factor in the cost of product these days (RPG is no longer an affordable hobby these days), one would prefer to wait.

Having said that, I've already got my UMF d20 first printing. :cool: (I have not been able to cure my buying impulse.)

Remove ads