[5e] Spell & Crossbones

Matthan

Explorer
Is there anything I can do to keep us moving forward? If the scene with the Spaniards and the spy is detracting from the game, we can fast forward or retcon it somehow.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
I think you're waiting on [MENTION=20323]Quickleaf[/MENTION] to post. I'm waiting for anyone who wants to role play to answer Kat. So.... I guess no one wants to do that. I was hoping to do some recruiting, and generally just wanted to have some fun role play but I guess people were not much interested?

We can just go to bed and move on. I'll make my own post doing that if I don't hear from anyone in a couple of days.

You're sorta stuck until the GM arrives to move you forward.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Matthan

Explorer
I think my concern is that Quickleaf may not have been interested in the narrative path that Etienne and Blaise were going down. I always want everyone to be enjoying the game and that includes the DM. So, I just wanted to throw out there that I'm up for whatever keeps the game moving forward. I just don't want to be the cause of the game dying.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Splitting the party never really helps these things, especially with the slow responders we have in this game.

But I am certain Quickleaf can make -anything- interesting. I'm guessing he's just busy or didn't catch the game updated.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Matthan

Explorer
I know and I wouldn't have done that without the deadline of the execution in the morning. That's why I'm offering to retcon it or fast forward it. I just don't want to kill the game. If my choice to run down that hook disrupted the game, I would like to work to rectify it.

I recognize this all sounds melodramatic, but the game has been stalled for weeks at this point, I believe. Most games that I've been in that are stagnant for this long just die. I would hate for this one to die.

Shayuri

First Post
It's in a rough patch. Been in one for awhile. We've been...mired.

I mean, I was thinking about it today. The game's a game of pirates, but we've been stuck trying to get the ship. For...well...as long as it's been running. We're not pirates. We're proto-pirates. And it was cool at first, but it seems like every time we start making concrete progress on getting to the part where we get the ship back, there's another wrinkle. Often times (but not always) it's related to adding another player. Then, to make that new character relevant, there's something new added.

This is not in any way meant to suggest I regret adding new players. We absolutely want folks to join. It's an observation though, that because recruiting has been a long drawn out process...and there seems to be a priority in making sure all the new players are part of the ship-getting (which makes sense on paper)...we're in danger of this becoming a game about people trying to become pirates, rather than a game about people who are pirates.

It's been nearly three years since the game started. Three.

We're literally no closer to getting the ship.

I feel like this has become a problem. It's a problem I desperately want to discuss, and find a solution to, before the last bit of my motivation to keep playing dwindles and dies. I won't lie...it's close. Right now I'm looking at the scene and Nia's there, and I just...don't know what to make her say. I don't remember who she is anymore. I barely remember what we're doing now.

Can we get this worked out? :(

Addenda - And by 'worked out' I don't necessarily mean 'edited past.' I'm okay with playing this out...but I feel like we should have a plan. An OOC plan for what we're going to do, to guide our steps and give us, and Quickleaf, a blueprint for how to keep it moving. I love mysteries and surprises and twists, but I think we're past that point now. We need progress.

Last edited:

Quickleaf

Legend
Let me think on it some. I think you have some good points [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] I've just been really busy and these treatments have been taking a lot out of me the last couple weeks so I've fallen behind in the game a little bit. But that happens for all of us and I'll pick it up again soon hopefully tonight.

EDIT: apologies for voice dictation on iPhone

And [MENTION=20005]Matthan[/MENTION] no need to worry, I'm down with your side quest to talk to the Spanish navy men. Just "real life" getting in the way.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
No worries man. The game is worth sticking with. Odd thing...i can get on the site with my phone but not my browser

Hmm...okay, seems like the URL changed or something. When I changed the bookmark to go to Gaming Action instead of the generic Forums, it worked ok.

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
So. We've been unbelievably insane. I still have some ongoing medical issues. We are currently in CA and have been since Aug 1st, it's tough not being at home in your own bed. We had a contested court date to gain custody of my step-daughter, which we won, but we've had to stay here and work on details while she "says goodbye" to her mother. Things like unenrolling her from school and transferring records, contacting doctors, etc. We had to go back to court a second time. It was my daughter's 13th birthday, which we celebrated at Disneyland (yay!). I had to see the doctor while we're here. My daughter got bit by a spider, and had and is continuing to have a terrible allergic reaction. Fenris' parents took us on a relaxing vacation in the mountains for a few days but it's just contributed to the overall insaneness.

So, we've been busy. The good news is we finally have a date to head home, next Monday. Give us a couple days and we should be back online as normal.

I seriously apologize for any delays we've caused and contributed to. Our life is just never boring :l

Quickleaf

Legend
[MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION] No worries about the delays; me culpa as well.

That's great you got to take her to Disneyland and enjoy some family time in the mountains. I'll keep your family in my thoughts. Safe travels back home. :)

Remove ads