TWD: Slabtown [spoilers]

Here's a couple of quotes about season 5 from Robert Kirkman :

Season 5 is, more than any other season, following the comics very closely. There’s more comic book moments being adapted than there have been in any previous season, so there’s a lot of cool stuff for the comic fans coming up and a lot of stuff they will recognize, but of course we’ll be doing some stuff in different ways. . . There are a lot of cool key moments that come directly from the comics.

and
The biggest thing for Season 5 is that the story completely changes. . . There’s a mission to this season—this mission of getting to Washington and if there’s a cure there and if there’s infrastructure there and security there. What is it that is actually in Washington? I think that having our characters suddenly be driven with a goal that they can actually accomplish is changing how we tell stories in a big way. The episodes of this season are going to feel a bit different than how the show’s felt before.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Which, of course, is incongruous. She hasn't been a combat monster up until now, and suddenly she manifests the ability to killshot time after time after time? Color me skeptical, as the description of "worthless" has actually been basically true up until now. She's been largely helpless and unable to cope.

Back in the final fight at the prison, Beth was at the fence with a rifle. I would imagine everyone there got some practice with firearms after they knew the Governor was out there. (Sorta like all that "downtime training" in RPGs that is too boring to play out so we don't see it "on-screen.")

True, we don't see any evidence of her ability at that time, and even if she was a crack shot with a rifle she was using a pistol in the escape.

Still, I did not find it too incongruous; I kind of took it as a mark of someone who has been out in the thick of things for over a year (unlike the Grady residents (gradients?)) and adapted to the new world. Contrast that with Lady Cop's speech about the value of people "out there."

Joker

First Post
Carol and Daryl caught up with car they were chasing, "talked" to the occupant and are now executing their plan of freeing Beth from the inside.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Beth to me shows herself as a very calculating person, she ID the doctor's motive and I think his importance in the power structure. She then decided to remove him, which could bring down Dawn's whole group, at least weaken it.

Maybe I am putting too much into her actions and the story line but Beth she so reminds me of Cool Hand Luke.

Remove ads