[M&M] Unofficial Street Fighter Characters Thread

Neowolf

First Post
Pending a major revision and revamp, the Ryu writeup has been temporarily removed. However, the old (unbalanced) versions of the Dragon Punch and Hurricane Kick feats are being left for comparison to the newer versions below.

New Feats:

Dragon Punch
The Dragon Spirit lifts you off the ground and empowers your fist.
Prerequisites: Dex 14+, Str 14+
Benefit: You gain the ability to use the Dragon Punch martial arts technique as a full round action. Choose a single target within range of an unarmed attack. You and the target are lifted 10 feet off the ground and you deal 3 unarmed attacks at your normal damage bonus. If you fail to deal damage on any attack, all subsequent attacks are canceled. If the target takes damage from the final attack, they are knocked prone.

Hurricane Kick
You can call on the power of the Hurricane and channel it into an aerial spinning kick.
Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +2, Dex 14+
Benefit: You gain the ability to use the Hurricane Kick martial arts technique. As a full round action, your character moves 20 feet in any one direction, performing one standard attack every 5 feet. Anyone who takes damage from one of these attacks automatically takes damage from all subsequent attacks, and is carried along with you. At the end of the Hurricane Kick, all targets are knocked prone. If you fail to deal damage on any attack due to a successful damage save by the target, all subsequent attacks are canceled and you stop in the position of your last successful, damaging attack.

Last edited:

Why the higher INT than WIS? Ryu has never, through Street Fighter games since 2, up to the present, shown any particular signs of being "bright" or "clever", that I'm aware of, indeed, you could argue to the contrary fairly effectively. Nor does he seem particularly smart in the cartoon, manga comics, or the like, and his background, IIRC, doesn't seem to suggest any kind of academic study.

Whereas he has been persistently shown as wise, indeed, far more wise, than, say, Ken, or quite a number of the other Street Fighters over the years. He's no Gen, but then, not many people are. He spends a lot of time in meditation and contemplation, and generally does things associated with "wisdom", in an Eastern sense, so...

So I'd strongly suggest you swap the WIS and INT scores around, and possibly push the WIS up to 16.

The Dragon Punch and Hurricane Kick feats, whilst *very* good matches for his attacks from the games (kudos for that), are completely and utterly unbalanced, and totally unreasonable for 2 PPs each.

These are the sort of Feats that should be at the end of a long chain of Feats, not something you can take at the beginning.

Look at the other SF games. You see characters like Sakura, or the boy from SF3, who emulate Ryu's techniques, but have yet to master them. They have weaker versions of the same attacks.

So I would suggest that you either find out ways to make those things into powers, so that they can be had at various levels (I mean, Ken's DP is stronger than Ryu's but his Hurricane Kick is nowhere near as effective, in all the later games at least. I'd consider Street Fighter Alpha 3 the best source for comparison, I think), for make multiple Feats that you have to chain up to get these versions.

You could have a Quick DP, with only one hit and the 10ft up effect, with the knocked prone, then a Medium, then this, the Strong DP (or should that be Fierce? ;)).

The other issue is that you've basically given Ryu "10 in everything". This is a bad idea for a baseline character, I think, because you've given him the strongest punch, strongest resistance, and perfect ranged and close attacks, and so on, without thinking about how to do OTHER Street Fighters, some of whom are *better* at these things than him, and thus we have to assume a stronger than baseline character (i.e. more than PL 10) for everyone who is better in any area, or ignore the suggested rules.

Probably the latter of course, but I still think there are MANY harder-hitter than Ryu is the SF games, and they're all going to have to have Strike 11, 12, whatever, or Super-Strength *and* Strike.

Tomorrow, or maybe later, I'll give you an idea of what I'd have done for Ryu, and maybe another SF character or two.

PS - I've played pretty much every non-handheld SF game in existence, and most that even had SF characters in, read the old RPG, and used to be a bit of an SF fanboy, so hopefully I'm not totally off on this...

Neowolf

First Post
I also own the old ST system SF game, but I haven't looked at it in several years. I'll take your points into consideration and do a revised writeup. Thanks for the honest and thorough critique, you seem much more knowledgeable than me. I haven't read any of the manga or seen the anime, I was just going by my guesses based on the various games and the live action movie *takes cover to avoid being stoned*

Hehe, thanks for putting "Boy, you sure are an big Street Fighter geek!" so politely! ;)

It's cool that you started this thread at all, because I wouldn't have thought to do so. Certainly M&M has the best potential to support SF characters of any d20-based RPG, and I suppose with the Marvel characters in the other thread, it's even more natural (I mean, Marvel Vs Capcom is a pretty classic arcade).

Neowolf

First Post
I'm planning on breaking the moves down as such:

Hurricane Kick - 1 hit, 5 foot movement
Improved Hurricane Kick - 2 hits, 10 foot movement
Mastered Hurricane Kick - 3 hits, 15 foot movement

What prereqs should each have other than the previous feat? I'm thinking increasing ranks of Strike and BAB.

As for Dragon Punch:

Dragon Punch - 1 hit, 5 foot lift
Improved Dragon Punch - 2 hits, 10 foot lift
Mastered Dragon Punch - 3 hits, 15 foot lift
Flaming Dragon Punch - 3 hits, 15 foot lift, extra fire damage

I think the prereqs should be roughly equivalent to the Hurricane Kick feats, with ranks of Energy Blast (fire) required for Flaming Dragon Punch.

Any thoughts?

Neowolf

First Post
Here's my attempt at breaking Hurricane Kick down into 3 feats. I'm open for suggestions on how to implement the Flaming Dragon Punch.

Aerial Roundhouse
You have mastered the technique of the aerial spinning kick.
Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +4, Acrobatics 1 rank, Dex 14+, Strike +3
Benefit: You gain the ability to use the Aerial Roundhouse martial arts technique. As a full round action, your character moves 5 feet in any direction, performing one standard unarmed attack. Anyone who takes damage from this attack is knocked prone.

Hurricane Kick
You can call on the power of the Hurricane and channel it into a powerful spinning kick.
Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +5, Acrobatics 2 ranks, Dex 14+, Strike +4, Aerial Roundhouse
Benefit: You gain the ability to use the Hurricane Kick martial arts technique as a full round action. Your character moves 10 feet in any one direction, performing two standard unarmed attacks. Anyone who takes damage from the first attack is automatically hit by the second. Anyone who takes damage from the second attack is knocked prone.

Mastered Hurricane Kick
You have mastered the Hurricane Kick and can execute it to terrifying effect.
Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +6, Acrobatics 3 ranks, Dex 14+, Strike +5, Hurricane Kick
Benefit: When you use the Hurricane Kick, you move 15 feet and perform 3 attacks. All other rules for the Hurricane Kick still apply.

Last edited:

Great stuff, Neo! Although I'd argue with RE a bit on the Hurricane Kick; it was Ken (in SF2: Turbo, I think) who first got the fast HK, the rising HK and the air HK -- Ryu's is pretty solid, but I don't know that it's better than Ken's traditionally (or in SF Alpha series, either.) They're merely different, while Ryu is clearly better at Hadoken and Ken is clearly better at Shoryuken (or Dragon Punch, or Tiger Uppercut, if you prefer.)

And I wonder if those are feats or "super" powers ideally -- it's kind of hard to tell where the differences are, especially since my books in the mail on it's way to me! :)

Oh, and what about the super moves from the Alpha series? Definately super powers there, if anything is.

Last edited:

Neowolf

First Post
Alright, here's my reworking of Dragon Punch as four feats.

Dragon Punch
The Dragon Spirit lifts you off the ground and empowers your fist.
Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +4, Jump 1 rank, Dex 14+, Strike +3
Benefit: You gain the ability to use the Dragon Punch. As a full round action, you and one target are lifted 5 feet off the ground. You make one regular unarmed attack, and if your target suffers damage he is knocked prone.

Improved Dragon Punch
Through study and long training, you have improved on the Dragon Punch.
Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +5, Jump 2 ranks, Dex 14+, Strike +4, Dragon Punch
Benefit: As Dragon Punch, except as follows: you and your opponent are lifted 10 feet off the ground; you make two unarmed attacks rather than one; and if your opponent doesn't take damage from the first attack, the second attack automatically misses. Any falling damage applies to the target, but not the attacker.

Mastered Dragon Punch
You have mastered the Dragon Punch, making it a truly deadly attack.
Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +6, Jump 3 ranks, Dex 14+, Strike +4, Improved Dragon Punch
Benefit: As Improved Dragon Punch, except as follows: you and your opponent are lifted 15 feet off the ground and you make three unarmed attacks.

Flaming Dragon Punch
The Dragon Spirit has seen fit to bless you by augmenting your Dragon Punch with his breath.
Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +7, Jump 4 ranks, Dex 14+, Strike +5, Energy Blast (Fire) +1, Mastered Dragon Punch
Benefit: As Mastered Dragon Punch, except the final attack is considered to be an Energy Blast (Fire) attack at half your power rank (rounded up, minimum of +1).

Last edited:

Kenpo Wolf

First Post
Looking good, Neo, but I have one question. Why are you limiting the hurricane kick to just the kick? I would expand it to hurricane attack where a character can use the feat with his punches a well. Once again, good job

Suggestions;
Guile
Chun Li
Ken
Sagat
M Bison
Vega

Neowolf

First Post
Kenpo Wolf said:
Looking good, Neo, but I have one question. Why are you limiting the hurricane kick to just the kick? I would expand it to hurricane attack where a character can use the feat with his punches a well. Once again, good job.

I'm planning on building a seperate feat tree around the Aerial Roundhouse at some point; that was intended to be sort of a generic entry level feat into some of the various acrobatic spinning attacks. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases