Doom of the Savage Kings

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
A glint gets in hank's eyes as he comes up with an idea, "Sir Tinder," He intones an intended subjugation in his voice, " May I Inquire of the gentlemen a question or few?"

Scott DeWar

Giving Tender a respectful bow he precedes with caution, "Good Sirs, I am Hank, a humble scribe. In the texts That I have copied and written, there have been some of ancient writings. Perhaps, if you would be so gracious, could you tell me as much as you all know of this creature. Maybe there might be some sort of knowledge I have gleaned that would be of use. One which would provide a better way to deal with this demonic creature then feeding it. "

GlassEye

Adventurer
The Jarl scowls at Hank. "It comes, it kills, it leaves. We can cut it down but it comes back the next night and takes even more lives." He motions at the stone altar. "By all means, if you wish to be of use then stay here and think on your ancient writings. For each one of you it takes that will be one less of my villagers." He snorts in disdain then rides off with his men at his back.

Scott DeWar

"What if we replace her with one of those?" Asks Franko while gesturing to one of the beast men who survived the collapsing cavern.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Almost as if they can sense being talked about the beastmen poke their heads up above the side of the boat. One bares its teeth while another snarls as if sensing Franko's ill intent. Apparently the unspoken truce of the past couple of days is over. The Jarl and his men, already riding down the hill to their town of Hirot to the west, either don't hear or ignore the question.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Tender grunts and approaches the boat, weapon in hand. "Let's get this over with then."

"Why don't we just hire them instead? We can tell them there's some food and gold to be had if they help protect the woman. They kill the beast for us and we walk into the town heroes with nary a scratch," Kurl states. "Besides, I need new worshippers if I'm going to establish my church."

Boral responds, "These beastmen aren't all that trustworthy. You want to go marching in with them to the village and hope they act on their best behavior? Besides, if the Jarl's weapons lack effectiveness, I doubt the beastmen's will fare better."

Scott DeWar

Franko has already opened his mouth and stuck his foot in up to his knee, so he remains silent. Hank and Homer are not sure what to say,but all three are at the ready to attack the beastmen if tender gives the sign.

GlassEye

Adventurer
The beastmen scramble over the sides of the boat and drop down onto the ground. They look with an unhealthy interest at the woman strapped to the ancient stone altar but reluctantly turn away and slink off to the north. The woman continues to struggle against her bonds; her eyes flash with anger and fear as she struggles. In the west, the sun touches the horizon. Something will have to be decided soon for night falls in less than an hour.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases