Doom of the Savage Kings

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Well, What is going on here?" wonders the jester. He sees nothing humor worthy so clams up.

Hank looks on and absorbs the goings on before determining what to do.

Homer sees the armored cavalry and considers the possible explanation of this raven haired woman being a criminal of some sort.

"be careful, friends. This may be some sort of lawfully executed criminal proceedings."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Ok, gents. Let's not be too hasty. There could be a good reason for a mob to want to punish the woman. She could be a witch," Kurl suggests.

"Aye, or she might be an innocent and they the witches," Tender answers as he rests his hand onto his weapon.

"Either way, we should probably take stock of the situation and hail them before anyone's arm gets twitchy," Boral says as he raises a hand to signal he wishes to speak with those villagers coming towards the group.

Scott DeWar

Franko seems to have a myriad of expressions on his face as he remains speechless

Hank remains silent, not for he lack of something or anything to say, like Franko, but rather he knows there is a time when words are best left reserved until more is knowen.

Home speaks soft and even, his words even and thoughtful. "Boral, I tend to have to agree with you. Would you be willing to speak on the behalf of all of us? They look like they are respecters of leadership and order."

GlassEye

Adventurer
The villagers hesitate when they see the misplaced ship wedged between two stones and the survivors of Krivstad scrambling over its sides. A big, bear of a man, scarred by a life one would guess stretches across at least five decades, rides forward. He is followed by seven men at arms upon their mounts. They say nothing but rein up and assess the group. The leader's eyes are narrowed and cold but his men at arms seem more open and nod approvingly when they catch sight of the newly armored Tender.

The villagers mill about uncertain whether to proceed or not until the leader makes a motion with one arm. He watches to see if the newcomers will object in any way as the villagers slowly moved forward with the woman and push her onto the altar. The woman continues her struggles and looks at the group in mute appeal.

Scott DeWar

"Tender," Whispers Franko,"Ask them to what god do they sacrifice to." Though he is a jester, he seems sincere in the request.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Tender nods and moves forward and declares, "I find this woman interesting. Who is she and why has she been chosen?" he tries to keep his words as nebulous as possible in a manner to avoid passing judgement.

GlassEye

Adventurer
The villagers continue with their work eyeing the Krivstad citizens as they work. With a dozen working at the job (and at least a score more hovering nearby ready to lend a hand or, perhaps, flee the scene) the woman is quickly tied to the altar wrists at two corners and ankles at the other two. The villagers, once their task is completed, begin slipping away into the mist.

One of the younger villagers not yet departed and lurking nearby to see what happens blurts out, "Our village is cursed!"

The leader cuts him off with a loud voice, "Enough, Will-O-Scein! Clohn will tell these strangers what they need to know, then they will answer questions of our own."

One of the mounted warriors, a bald man who looks somewhat friendly, though battle-hardened none-the-less, shifts in his saddle. "Yes, Jarl." He turns to Tender. "Some might call it a curse. We are at the mercy of a fiend that has beset our village; weapons are nigh useless against it. The only thing that keeps it away for a time..." His eyes flick uneasily to the altar.

The Jarl interrupts. "And who are you, arrived in your witch's ship? Another plague on Hirot?"

The woman continues to pull against her bonds.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Boral looks confused at first, but tries to piece the math problem together, "I don't get it. If your village is being attacked by some beast, and you are feeding it your young maidens, how is your village to survive once you run out of young women?"

Kurl tries to jump in with his own thoughts, "Maybe the beast only comes every few years, so the population stays pretty steady. What a waste of a good woman though. I wonder if there are way more men here then. Those sound like depressing odds at the local tavern."

Tender grimaces as he feels unsure of what to say during this insane banter. He tries to find his footing by trusting in his morality and reason. "I am sorry for their rudeness. We are not witches, but honest warriors. I honestly do not know how our vessel wound up the way it did, but hearing your tale it sounds like this is a land of strange sorcery indeed. Wouldn't it be better to barricade your folks somewhere in the hopes the beast would starve or move on? Do you know what kind of weapons have hurt this creature in the past?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
"No, it would not," snaps the Jarl at the same time the bald one named Clohn mutters, "Walls haven't stopped it yet." The Jarl gives Clohn a dark look. The warrior seems baffled (after all, the Jarl did tell him to speak for the group). However, it is the Jarl who continues. "My wise man says the beast is ancient, yet newly wakened. By fools, no doubt. There may be tales of what can injure or kill the Hound but I know them not."

He glances at his men and makes a motion towards the trail down the hill when he notices the villagers have all slipped into the mist. As the warriors begin to turn their horses towards the trail the Jarl looks back. "Hirot is to the west. I don't recommend you be here when the hound comes."

Remove ads