What's your favourite movie theme?

Jhaelen

First Post
5) Various Artists: Judgement Night- a lesser known but important soundtrack featuring one-time-only partnerships between the hot rap and rock artists of the day.
They did something similar for the "Spawn" movie. While the movie's pretty bad, the soundtrack is awesome, featuring partnerships between (nu)metal/rock bands and electronic bands or DJ's.

Janx

Hero
I don't know that I'd use the word favorite, but the John Williams Superman theme is probably the one most heavily stuck in my head over the 30 or so years since I've seen it.

I could be driving my car or mowing the lawn, and that theme will pop in on my mental stereo.

It even sounds the same as the Star Wars theme (same composer, same influences, same orchestra I'd bet).

As for actual favorite, I really liked the music from the Last of the Mohicans. So much so I bought the soundtrack. On tape. I never replaced it. So sadly, I've been a good decade out from listening to it last. it was the only soundtrack I'd sought out to purchase.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
So many good ones...
Enterprise leaves Drydock from the Motionless Picture...
Imperial March from Empire Strikes back
Battle Beyond the Stars
Trek 2 & 6...
For Your Eyes Only...
But for favorite, I have to go to Lionheart by Jerry Goldsmith

You think Danny Elfman cranks out themes? Take a look at Goldsmith's IMDB. And unlike Elfman, his music doesn't all sound the same.

(Using Rocketeer and Krull music in my current animation project)

WayneLigon

Adventurer
So, so many to choose from.

I think my current favorite would the The Shire theme from LOTR. Just hearing it makes me think of what it would be like living there in comfort and peace all your days, where you know literally everyone around you and they know you.

http://youtu.be/HAdXWM1btG4

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases