Copy & Paste from my post in GITP forums

Link to google docs.

Duelist
4e036704e7bdfd9e49cfaf8f2ca16764.jpg

*Not Mine

Gunslinger
16-Lirianne_Worms-in_the_Desert_Winter-2012.jpg
*Also Not Mine

Reworked it some, moved around bits and pieces and such (10/18/2014)
IF YOU FIND THIS BASE CLASS OP, THEN INSTEAD OF SAYING IT IS OP, WOULD YOU KINDLY POINT OUT WHERE AND HOW YOU SUGGEST TO FIX IT. SUCH COMMENTS WOULD BE INFINITELY MORE USEFUL.

This is based on the Swashbuckler Base Class of 3.5, the Duelist Prestige Class, Streetfighter Prestige Class, Blade Bravo Prestige Class, the Pathfinder Gunslinger Base Class, and the Pathfinder Hybrid Base Class also Called Swashbuckler.

I took elements of all of them to help make this while trying to balance it all out.
The Deeds & Dares limitations are taken from the warlock invocation limits, and the Points Pool from the Monk for better balance. Some of the elements of the above where adapted such as a fusion of a skilled character with some of the abilities of the Fighter to make things easier since a buttload of new features are not generally well balanced and i found no need.

I need a better selection of Dares and Deeds, and some finishing touches on both of the subclasses.

Finally i chose to not base all the DC's off one stat due to the need to make a decently balanced character for both in and out of a fight. So you can choose what kind of character you are by having the spell like ability DC's based off a single mental stat.

AS FOR THOSE HELPING ME ON OTHER RANDOM THINGS I DO. This is something I've been playing with for about 2 months while in school when i get bored. ENGINEERING IS A PAINFUL DEGREE. You don't get much fun and they built the business majors building too damn close so i get to here how they went to a party in the middle of the week and ****. So starting something else is the only thing that gives me fun.

ON A SIDE NOTE, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PUT THESE IMAGES IN A SPOILER TO REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF SPACE THEY TAKE UP. TELL ME THAT PLEASE.

RhaezDaevan

Explorer
Please stop shouting at me.

There's some neat ideas in there, so I hope someone else can help you along. I wait in anticipation for version 2.0

BRKNdevil

Explorer
I CAN'T, I'M TAKING LESSONS FROM MR TORGUE! That's why i'm posting this, i dunno how to balance out the sublclasses and how to finish it.

Dr.Strangelove

First Post
Where this is at now, my players are rather excited. One player jumped straight on to the Duelist, it should be a much more interesting campaign now.

BRKNdevil

Explorer
THAT'S GREAT! Unfortunately, I still don't know what to put down for level 7, and 11th and 15th need a minor RP effect that i have yet to figure out. the taunting aspect is covered by fight me and i figure any improvised actions are covered by Making :):):):) up as I go. I could put something down there, but i don't want it to be overpowering but at the same time to situational.

BRKNdevil

Explorer
OOC have you looked at my Light Fighter variant? It might give you some ideas to work with.
been looking at it, trying to find something that wouldn't be making mechanics out of rollplaying or be to situational that it wouldn't be of use without going over something already covered.

Currently thinking about gaining some cantrips, such as Vicious Mockery to add to a good reason to insult your foes, and various resistances to some status effects such as stunned, and frightened. As well as some effects like from the battlemaster that lets him determine the strength of an enemy and various minor roleplay effects such as having a reputation which would positively or negatively effect a situation.
All these things would be focused purely on the duelist archetype.

Last edited:

BRKNdevil

Explorer
Updated it with things in the duelist archetype and now it just needs review and playtesting. I would like volunteers to do it all tiers of play as shown in the player's handbook for and encounter based idea in multiple fields and tell me how it should be adjusted.
Would like multiple opinions.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
I have had a god look at this BRKNdevil. Sorry, but really hard to indicate exactly where this needs improvement. There is a lot of clumsy wording and there is far too much going on. I see what your intentions were. I love to try and include a lot of options when converting, but sometimes you just have to let something go.

Instead of cramming every option: styles, deeds, dares, panache, etc into one class, I would opt for a basic/easy class and use the subsystems to distinguish subclasses. In fact having a good look at your swashbuckler (and Khaalis') swung me back to just slightly modifying the Fighter class and then designing more archetypes to play off the light fighter idea.

If interested, here is where I offer a slight modification to the fighter class to suit light fighting and the 2 archetypes to play off of the idea (as well as another generic fighter build):

http://connorscampaigns.wikidot.com/5e-fighter

Last edited:

Remove ads