Next Foul Locales cover revealed--Foul Locales Behind the Gates

MEG Hal

First Post
The success of Urban Blight and now the pre-orders of Beyond the Walls brings the third installment in this award nominated series.

We took you into the city in Urban Blight and in the plains and brush for Beyond the Walls, now we are taking you into the villages and towns in Behind the Gates.

Matt Bober did this incredible cover with the now established Foul Locale iconic characters.

behind%20the%20gates.jpg

davewoodrum

First Post
MEG Hal said:
The success of Urban Blight and now the pre-orders of Beyond the Walls brings the third installment in this award nominated series.

We took you into the city in Urban Blight and in the plains and brush for Beyond the Walls, now we are taking you into the villages and towns in Behind the Gates.

Matt Bober did this incredible cover with the now established Foul Locale iconic characters.

Hal... The image rocks but why do I keep thinking up these hilarious conversations between the statue/golem and the two adventurers...
such as...
Statue: "Well, what nerve! Barge in right when a man is bathing!"

or (apology to the show Friends...)
Woman (Phoebe voice): "Hey look! Its ugly naked guy!"
Male Adventurer (Ross voice): "So this is what his apartment looks like from the inside...."

Napftor

Explorer
tensen said:
I like the continuing use of the same characters on the cover.

Heh. But if the iconics went through each locale we're doing for these books they wouldn't look nearly as healthy! :D

davewoodrum

First Post
Napftor said:

Heh. But if the iconics went through each locale we're doing for these books they wouldn't look nearly as healthy! :D

...True... but in a way that would look interesting!!!!
You could have them pass by the staring statue again who in turn sneers this time at their scars, gouged out eyes, missing teeth, sickly pock marks, etc....

MEG Hal

First Post
davewoodrum said:

...True... but in a way that would look interesting!!!!
You could have them pass by the staring statue again who in turn sneers this time at their scars, gouged out eyes, missing teeth, sickly pock marks, etc....

Nice...but the idea is to make an attractive cover if we wanted an ugly one I would have you and Tensen holding each others hands skipping in a daisy field :D

HHEEEEEEEE HAAAAWWWWWW HHOOOOOOO HHHHEEEEEEEE

I crack myself up. Phew.

On a serious note we like the FL Iconics and maybe next time we will have some armor a sword glow, they should be a high enough level to deserve some magic stuff :p .

tensen

First Post
MEG Hal said:

Nice...but the idea is to make an attractive cover if we wanted an ugly one I would have you and Tensen holding each others hands skipping in a daisy field :D

HHEEEEEEEE HAAAAWWWWWW HHOOOOOOO HHHHEEEEEEEE

I crack myself up. Phew.

On a serious note we like the FL Iconics and maybe next time we will have some armor a sword glow, they should be a high enough level to deserve some magic stuff :p .

I'll pose for a cover... although I don't come cheap. You'd have to buy me a new doublet for my collection. I must have better clothing for a good medieval cover.

davewoodrum

First Post
Yes... and if Tensen and I are going to be skipping through the field holding hands and all then I need an outfit as well....

:D
I know what you're thinking Hal... "and yes Dave, you can wear the dress"... but you see, I've got only so much intelligence, being from the Appalachian foot hills (can you hear the dueling banjos of Deliverence in the background?) and I'm liable to forget the reason that I'm wearing a dress and skipping in the field and start reading off lines for a commercial for them thar women's products in which I suddenly "don't feel so fresh"...

tensen

First Post
MEG Hal said:

Actually they've been oblivious to the dangers and shopping at all the foul locales without running into trouble. And bemoaning the fact that they never get any action. They are still 1st level.

davewoodrum

First Post
...Yeah, they're like "Oh great! We barged in here for some action and all we found is a statue bathing in a magical fountain..." at this point the DM reduces their xp below 0 for whining and debates on whether he should declare them dead or reduce them to level 1 Commoners.

Remove ads