[LPF] Veiled Antics

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Persian-Woman_zps5ae2d16b.jpg

Jasmine shrugged at the bard's questions and looked to Charity and Robert.

She appeared to be satisfied with the warrior's bravado when it came to killing humanoid rats, "I guess I have chosen wisely on those who can help me."

[sblock=Combat Information]
Code:
Charity:   32/32 HP remaining;
Robert:    42/42 HP remaining:
Jamir:     23/23 HP remaining;

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
   Charity: Smite Evil 0/1, Lay on Hands 0/4
   Jamir:   Bard Perf (lingering) 0/12, Spells 1st 0/4
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Twirling one of her red locks around her finger absentmindedly, Charity considers Jamir's question. "Hunh, I hadn't thought that far in advance. Might be worthwhile, but only if we're relatively unsure they are not preparing to escape. Otherwise, while we search, they can just walk out the front door. And, as you mention, if they hear us in the process, the gig may well be up. But, if we think they are intent on staying…" Green eyes look over to Jasmine as Charity's words fall off.

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 11 (10 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 16

Fort: +7 Reflex: +6 Will: +7
Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +7
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 4/4
Smite remaining: 1/1

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
180px-Robert.png

"I mean we can sit around and discuss our options all day long, but I don't think we have enough people to surround a warehouse and cover all the possible exits with just the four of us. And even if could, we'd be so spread out that they still could easily escape by overpowering the one unlucky soul. What speaks against the good old knocking at the front door?" The Ranger ponders.

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +9 CMD: 23
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +2
Perception: +7
Initiative: +3

Favored Enemy: Human (+2 to attack and damage rolls)

[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
"Hunh, yeah… there are too few of us to split up, that is for sure, Robert," Charity begins, lightly drumming her fingers on the table-top as she speaks. "I am thinking that means it boils down to two ideas. Either we think we can search for a secret escape covertly and give that a go, or we are not sufficiently assured of that and go for the 'front door', so to speak. Am I missing anything?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
BardAvatar1_zps91b65909.jpg

Jamir tapped his lower lip with his finger and looked towards the ceiling as he considered.

“Well… if we actually snuck around unnoticed and found such a bolt hole, we could potentially bar it and keep them from escaping when we go in the main entrance. That sounds like a good idea.”

“However, stealth is not everyone’s forte and that could only alert the rats inside and make it worse.”

He smiled and looked to the rest of them around the table, “No, I think you have it correct, Charity. But Robert has a good point. Mayhap the best course of action is to quickly rush the front entrance to their lair and hope to catch them off guard enough. If any escape, they escape. Jasmine just wants her stuff back, not for us to kill or capture them.”

[sblock=Mini Stats]NPC Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +3
AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 23 Current: 23
CMB: +4 CMD: 16(14ff) Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +3
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 12/12 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Dancing Lights]
1st Level 4/4 [Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards, Cause Fear (DC15)][/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Jasmine shrugged at Charity’s question about the ratkin abandoning their lair and then listened as you continued to discuss.

She added, “I cannot really say for sure how attached they are to their lair or even what we can expect. I really only know the location of the warehouse and that they said it is underneath it. Presumably there is a trap door or something in the floor, in all likelihood hidden.”

“And aye. You need not kill them all, as long as none escape with my valuables. Though, you might think differently about killing all them after you have met them. You might not want enemies like them stalking you for revenge later.”

Code:

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
180px-Robert.png

"Jasmine, are the things that you want back flammable? 'Cause there could be another way to find all the exits. We just observe where all the Ratkin are swarming out of." Robert says with a grin on his face, making it obvious that he is not serious with his proposal.

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Jasmine had a disapproving look as she thought she understood what Robert was driving at.

“If the fire is hot enough, it will certainly damage the jewelry. And if it were that easy to just burn the warehouse down, why would I need you three? Besides, the authorities might care if the entire neighborhood burns down if a fire that big gets out of control.”

Code:

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Charity chuckles quietly before resuming her composure. "Well, I don't think Robert is being very serious, but yes, we would not want to cause the next 'Great Fire of Venza' or whatever. I'm sure the White Cloaks would frown on that kind of thing… for obvious reasons." She pauses and thinks a moment before continuing, filling time with more drumming of her fingers on the table. "Hunh… well, I think that the strongest plan is twofold: quietly find the front entrance, then attack suddenly. It has the merit of simplicity. And if they give up the jewels without perishing, that's fine, but it seems unlikely from the description we've been given. So, I'm not going to get overly-concerned with the idea they might seek vengeance if they survive--we can think that one over if it becomes germane.

"So," the Cortesian guard begins, switching subjects, "I've taken to not hanging around the Inn with my gear; I'll need to pick it up. Anything else before we head to the site?"

Lindeloef

First Post
180px-Robert.png

"In what part of the city is that warehouse? Can one stroll past the place without looking out of place?" Robert asks "If so we could scout the area a bit. That should help finalizing the plan."

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark

[/sblock]

Remove ads