[LPF] Veiled Antics

Lindeloef

First Post
180px-Robert.png

"I thought we encounter more resistance up until now... " Robert says and position himself next to the trapdoor

[sblock="ooc"]
Move to E13

I am back form Vacation :D finally normal internet access :D happy new year
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +9 CMD: 23
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +2
Perception: +7
Initiative: +3

Current Weapon in Hand: none

Favored Enemy: Human (+2 to attack and damage rolls)

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Persian-Woman_zps5ae2d16b.jpg

Charity opened the trap door, to reveal a narrow 4ftx4ft shaft that went 5ft down before opening back up again. The trap door was above the northwest corner of the room below and the floor was 15feet below.

It was dark as a cave down there, but you could see some. A smell, not unlike wet dog, came up the room below. You could make out at least dirty straw pallet along the wall, probably covered by a wrinkled, mildew encrusted blanket.

So far you could not see anyone down there.

[sblock=Tactical Map]
LPFVAEnc1Map00I_zpsd6dd0daf.jpg
LPFVAEnc1Map00J_zpsa5c4f5e0.jpg
[/sblock][sblock=Combat Information]
Code:
Charity:   32/32 HP remaining;
Robert:    42/42 HP remaining:
Jamir:     23/23 HP remaining;
Jasmine:   ??/?? HP remaining;

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
   Charity: Smite Evil 0/1, Lay on Hands 0/4
   Jamir:   Bard Perf (lingering) 0/12, Spells 1st 0/4
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock] [sblock=GM Note]Lindeloef, please note the Adventure Rules from the 1st post that you were to supposed to have read and agreed to:
* Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to the DM. If you do not post for a week or more without having informed the DM, he reserves the right to remove you from the adventure giving you your share of the XP and treasure earned as well as time XP and gp to the date of your last post.

LPF has an AFK thread for just this sort of thing. ;)

Aura, I missed it. Charity leveled to 4th on 8 Dec 2014 with 6011XP. Level up ASAP! :)[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
180px-Robert.png

"Doesn't look inviting..." The Ranger remarks.

[sblock="ooc"]hard to say I am not available, if I cannot really access the forum. But okay, that would be my 3rd strike and I am out?[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark

[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
"They might be sneaky," Charity recounts, rummaging through her pack. She produces a small, brighty glowing stone and drops it into the room below, shedding light as it falls. "Quickly, Robert, go go!"

The young Venzan remained crouched, coiled like a spring about to lunge into motion.

[sblock=Actions]Move action: Retrieve item (ioun stone), Free action: speak, Free Action: Drop ioun stone down trap door, Standard action: Reserve action to shimmy down the ladder once Robert has moved, up to one move action[/sblock]
[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 18 (17 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 16

Fort: +7 Reflex: +6 Will: +7
Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +7
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 4/4
Smite remaining: 1/1

Current Weapon in Hand: lucerne hammer
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Jamir Rolande

BardAvatar1_zps91b65909.jpg

Jamir shook his head in response to Robert whispering, “Indeed, it does not.”

He waited for the others to go down first as nothing new was revealed with the light down below. The short shaft leading down prevented seeing the whole room below.

[sblock=Actions]Follow Charity down[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]NPC Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +3
AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 23 Current: 23
CMB: +4 CMD: 16(14ff) Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +3
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: Shortbow

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 12/12 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Dancing Lights]
1st Level 4/4 [Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards, Cause Fear (DC15)][/sblock] [sblock=GM Note]Everywhere I go almost everyone is on a smart phone accessing FaceBook. So I don’t think a 1-2 sentence post is so hard to do unless someone goes off into the wilderness or something. In which case, they should at least post a heads up that they are heading out of town and MIGHT not have Internet, similarly to what I posted in the AFK Thread. All we ask is a bit of courtesy, since we put a lot of our time into LPF. Consider this a learning experience instead of a strike.[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
180px-Robert.png

"Okay off we go." Robert says, nods to Jamir and Charity and then goes down the hatch.

[sblock="ooc"]I don't have a smart phone.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Lindeleof]Charity didn't move, she just dropped a light source so we could see what we're getting into before going down there. Waiting for the guy with the close-up heavy hitting weapon and a shiny new STR belt to go. :)

As an aside on the issue of posting frequency, I can understand where you're coming from on the issue of the technology. I don't have a smart phone, either. (Although I do have a new tablet, might be good in some situations.) I'd just say do your best to let people know ahead of time on situations that can be predicted/planned for. Even if you're not sure, it's worthwhile to say something like, "I might be gone x to y," or some such. And if something comes up that you couldn't plan for, contact at the earliest opportunity and let people know what is happening and that you're sorry things came up you couldn't predict. In an emergency, people will understand, I'm sure.

One of the things I've learned in DMing just a little here on ENWorld is that when a player isn't posting, I have to figure out what to do. Do I DM-PC this one a while, do I drop him, or what? As a player, I'm not under that kind of pressure to figure it out. Knowing when players are going to be away is really helpful to DMs.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Persian-Woman_zps5ae2d16b.jpg

As Robert and Charity quickly went down the ladder, Jamir was third in line leaving Jasmine to bring up the rear. As soon as Robert reached the floor and Charity was almost there, Jamir was still near the ceiling and could not see much below.

The twang of crossbows met the first two as Robert and Charity could see the glowing eyes of dark shapes in the dimness.

Wererat1_zpsd5e3d9b6.png

Around the edges of the light from the ioun torch were four rat-like humanoids. after firing their crossbows they drew shortswords. Crossbow bolts impacted on both Charity and Robert, finding the gaps in there armor and drawing blood. One was particularly close to taking Robert in the throat.

OOC: Combat: Round 1 – Everyone is up
[sblock=Tactical Map]Notes:
- There are chairs and a table providing cover
- Medium bodies will be treated as difficult terrain.

LPFVAEnc1Map01_zps5064d2ab.jpg
[/sblock][sblock=Combat Information]No one is flat-footed now. The rat guys have concealment
R1 hit Charity 6 dmg
R2 hit Charity 10 dmg
R3 hit Robert 7 dmg
R4 critical hit Robert 19 dmg
Charity can hope down from the ladder as a 5ft step, or count it as 1sq of movement. Jamir needs 2 sq movement to reach point to hop off ladder.

Initiative:
Rat Guys (Knowledge Local to know more)
You Guys

Party Status:
Code:
Charity:   26/42 HP remaining; 16 dmg
Robert:    16/42 HP remaining: 26 dmg
Jamir:     23/23 HP remaining;
Jasmine:   ??/?? HP remaining;

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
   Charity: Smite Evil 0/1, Lay on Hands 0/6, Ch Energy 0/7, Spells 1st 0/1
   Jamir:   Bard Perf (lingering) 0/12, Spells 1st 0/4
Conditions in effect:
Enemy Status:
Code:
R1  [AC19, Touch 14, CMD17]: ??/??hp; (20% Concealment in dimness)
R2  [AC19, Touch 14, CMD17]: ??/??hp; (20% Concealment in dimness)
R3  [AC19, Touch 14, CMD17]: ??/??hp; (20% Concealment in dimness)
R4  [AC19, Touch 14, CMD17]: ??/??hp; (20% Concealment in dimness)
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Yelping twice is succession from the painful crossbow strikes, Charity drops down to the floor below, next to Robert. She advances towards the enemy just a bit, looking back towards him when a look of concern washes over her face. The magical light of the ioun stone illuminating his wounds, she sees the rather vicious neck wound and immediately stops. Reaching out, she puts one hand on his shoulder and whispers, "Blessings of Cortesia upon you." Magic flows, helping staunch the blood almost instantly.

Her hand going back to her weapon, Cortesia's guard looks forward at the enemies, positioned throughout the room. "They don't see entirely happy to see us," she observes flatly, threatening them with the business end of her pole arm.

[sblock=Actions]Move action: Move to G-18. Standard action: Lay on Hands-Robert. Free action: Some speech throughout. Free action: Re-establish two handed grip on lucerne hammer.

This last part (re-establishing a grip from one handed carry to two handed weild) is not directly stated in the Pathfinder rules as one of the stated actions, but I'm told it was referenced previously in 3E and it seems reasonable. If not, then Charity's weapon is not available for an AOO.

Lay on Hands roll (+1d6 from Greater Mercy): Round 1 Healing Robert: 3D6 = [5, 6, 2] = 13
[/sblock]
[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 18 (17 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 26/42
CMB: +6 CMD: 17

Fort: +9 Reflex: +7 Will: +9
Perception: +9 Sense Motive: +8
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 5/6
Smite remaining: 1/1

Current Weapon in Hand: lucerne hammer
Current Conditions in Effect: none