Doctor Who s8e12: Death in Heaven [spoilers]

Fast Learner

First Post
Just want to add that all of the hand-wavy stuff worked just fine for me, and I enjoyed the heck out of the episode, particularly in the way it pulled all of the series' strings together.

Bagpuss

Legend
Meaning, "out of the scriptwriter's butt?"

No if it can translate a body to data, and back again it should be able to do that last step. It's all just information.

The dead sister coming back in "In the Forest of the Night", now that was out of the scriptwriter's butt.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
No if it can translate a body to data, and back again it should be able to do that last step. It's all just information.

Except...

When it takes in Missy (if it does - I don't think we know if she was actually bodily present or that was just a representation of her mind present within the computer) then it has her body to work with in the first place.

For the dead, it *wasn't* taking the bodies. Those were left out in the world to be reanimated later. So, there's no reason for the computer to have the pattern of the physical body, nor the energy to manifest an entire body out of nothingness - it has to get the mass from somewhere.

Bagpuss

Legend
Dead sister? Somehow I thought she was just a runaway, who had come home at the end of the episode.

Okay watching back (I love iPlayer) Clara does just say "She went missing last year." but I thought it was heavily implied she was dead. Then appearing out of the disappearing bush gave it a mystical feel to her return.

delericho

Legend
An extended preview of this year's Christmas Special, from last night's Children in Need programme:

[video=youtube;MsxEenCBRG0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsxEenCBRG0[/video]

Last edited:

Remove ads