Tyranny of Dragons DM Screen

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
2 out of 5 rating for Tyranny of Dragons DM Screen

For a DM Screen, this doesn't contain much information that's useful to the DM. It serves its purpose as a screen just fine, but as a reference tool it contains little information and presents the DM with art that the player's can't see.

Waller

Legend
3 out of 5 rating for Tyranny of Dragons DM Screen

The screen is attractive, with great art. However, it doesn't help the DM run his game any, and lacks important tables and information.

thalmin

Retired game store owner

Solidly constructed 4-panel landscape screen, but really only of limited use if running the Tyranny of Dragons modules. The Conditions reference does not include Fatigue. Nothing else on the screen is of any use ouside ToD, and even there it is of dubious use, as the charts still refer you to charts in the modules. The players' side of screen has a picture each of a keep and a manor, but they are not identified.

emeri1md

First Post

Despite being a screen for Tyranny of Dragons, the information is limited to Hoard of the Dragon Queen. And even there, it's very limited.

rjfTrebor

Banned
Banned

the ToD screen is really just a pretty table ornament, and even then it depends on your taste. the art is all pulled directly from the tyranny of dragons adventure so don't expect anything new if you already own that product. the same strangely-skinny portraits are all included for quick visual reference in case you ever forget how goofy they look.there's not much in the way of random tables or quick rules references, it's mostly an aid for the adventure's set pieces and NPCs. if you loved the tyranny of dragons art, you'll find that the screen is laid out well enough and is made of fairly high quality glossy poster board.

Frank Foulis

First Post

This screen is built great and is very durable but the useful info on the screen is episode specific for Hoard of the Dragon Queen. It has no useful information for games outside of this storyline.

Aramalian

Explorer
4 out of 5 rating for Tyranny of Dragons DM Screen

This screen looks amazing, and has everything I want for my game... I like the arrangement of materials, and I already had the additional charts ready that this screen lacks. The interior art helps the DM give vivid descriptions, rather than copping out and handing out pictures.

Last edited:

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Dad
5 out of 5 rating for Tyranny of Dragons DM Screen

Face it, this is not the definitive DM screen, but it is perfect if you are running the Tyranny of Dragons story arc. It has the tables you need to hold you over until the official Deluxe screen coming out next month. I particularly like the art, which offers key NPCs for reference.

Remove ads