Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook

Chimpy

First Post
3 out of 5 rating for Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook

Having been introduced to Pathfinder within the last year, I can't help but compare it to some other recent tabletop RP games that offer a similar experience but feel more streamlined and less bogged down in little details. Combats can take hours and are hugely tactical. There seem to be rules penalising a character on nearly every roll. On the plus side, I like all the character options, and all the supplements available. Also the adventure paths are incredible and I would say are the best things about the game system.

Enrico Poli1

Adventurer
5 out of 5 rating for Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook

This is a new version of D&D 3rd Edition, and that is both a strength and a weakness. In fact, the game system is polished and improved. But in the end, it's the same game (with the same problems, such as caster supremacy and extreme crunchiness at high levels). In this book we really find almost no new content. So, I give this book a 5-star rating because it was a new starting point for a number of books that actually improved the game.
This is also the rule-system that let Paizo continue the production of their wonderful Adventure Paths, that are its crown-jewels.

Remove ads