War of the Burning Sky: The Complete Campaign

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
5 out of 5 rating for War of the Burning Sky: The Complete Campaign

As adventure paths go, this one is a standout!Beginning with a well-thought out, logical campaign premise that allows the PC's to truly be the star of the show, these adventures flow togehter cohesively one into the next, (which is sometimes an issue in the serialzed adventure paths!). While the main storyline is quite linear, it doesn't feel "Rail-roady", and (in the collected print or PDF book), there are some "Intermin Adventure" hooks and ideas that add a bot more of the "sandbox" element to the game. The individual adventures are quite compelling, and offer a wide variety of locales and settings, and, for the most part allows multiple paths to victory (IE It's not always "Kill the bad Guy" in each module; some scenarios may require stealth, while others may require diplomacy, etc.)

Jhaelen

First Post

This Adventure Path does (almost) everything right. It features a truly epic storyline that neatly avoids the usual pitfalls of being too railroady and manages to be as diversified as it gets considering the AP format. It's also cleverly implemented, although the 4e version would have benefitted from a bit more experience with the ruleset in the early modules. The biggest caveat I have is something that many may also consider a point in its favour: It features a unique setting, so it will likely lose a bit of its appeal when transposed into a 'standard' setting.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous

...and the heroes to stop it! There are a lot of interesting twists in this one. The group I played it with loved it, and because I never got to play it I did what I normally do not do, I discovered the story with them instead of reading ahead. It was a blast - literally at some points. There are a few moments where it needs a bit of railroading but it's hardly notable. You can also run it at whatever pace you want and add in side quests if needed (with a bit of care to make them fit). And maybe,m like my group did, play through one or two short scenes as to how the group got to where the story officially starts. Plenty of opportunity.

Mrpereira

Explorer

If you play 3.5 as we do, and need an adventure path to entertain your group for the next year(s) seek no further. The adventure path is both fun, deep, surprising, epic and challenging. It is worth getting and playing. Be warned though, as gamemaster you need to be able to handle a complex story with a lot of threads and npcs and so will your players. It is easy to get lost in the information overload. But if you can handle it the rewards are worth it.

Also, in this path there really isn't a good versus evil theme - it is more a matter who is friend or foe. A devil/demon is not automatically an enemy nor is an angel automatically a friend. In other words, you are in for a fun ride filled with fun moral dilemmas.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases