Greyhawk, Yeomanry, Dark Gate and the tunnel

Shin Okada

Explorer
3.0e Living Greyhawk Gazetteer and other books mentions that a tunnel which lead to the Sea of Dust, supposedly the Passage of Slerotin, used by the Suel during the Great Migrations, was found in a part pf Yeomanry. And a town called Dark Gate was established near the Yeomanry side of the tunnel.

Is it just an adventure hook? Or did TSR, WotC or RPGA actually released some adventure using this tunnel?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I'm not sure if there's been an adventure with this - though I suspect that it got used at some point in the Yeomanry adventures in Living Greyhawk - but it was around prior to the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer. I remember seeing that tunnel talked about in Dragon #241, for example.

Shin Okada

Explorer
Thanks. It seems that I can use it as a pure adventure hook without much restriction. On the other hand, I have to make up everything. But that is fun:D

Walter_J

First Post
There is some info, including adventure ideas, in the 1983 Greyhawk Glossography and Gord takes a trip through the tunnel in one of the novels.

I tried to use the Dark Gate for a location in an adventure pitch for a Yeomanry regional adventure, and was told by the Triad that location was reserved by the campaign and could not be used for regionals. However, I know it was never used.

Endur

First Post
I tried to use the Dark Gate for a location in an adventure pitch for a Yeomanry regional adventure, and was told by the Triad that location was reserved by the campaign and could not be used for regionals. However, I know it was never used.

There were a lot of "high level" locations that the Circle told the regional triads were reserved for "core" adventures (i.e. most of the famous dungeons, etc.). However, the circle never really got around to having core adventures written for most of the "reserved" locations.

mflayermonk

First Post
The adventures take place 16 years after the events of the Living Greyhawk campaign.
The population of Oerth has decreased from the LG days and the land feels more wild.
The player's actions do effect the campaign. For example, an invasion of northern Nyrond took place at a recent convention (Los Angeles area). In the modules after the invasion, there are very few people in the towns-many of them fled north to the Theocracy of the Pale for protection.

Here are some links I think are good:
"Greyhawk Reborn Will Be At Gen Con 2015"
http://greyhawkery.blogspot.com/2015/01/greyhawk-reborn-will-be-at-gen-con-2015.html
Disclaimer text (from above link): Greyhawk Reborn is not sponsored, associated or affiliated with, or endorsed by Wizards of the Coast or Gen Con, LLC in any way.

"Interview: Greyhawk Reborn's Dave Guerrieri (Thursday, July 24, 2014)"
http://greyhawkgrognard.blogspot.com/2014/07/interview-greyhawk-reborns-dave.html

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases