(RECRUITING) [GO] A Game of Opposites (RECRUITING)

Timothy

First Post
Greetings all!

This will be another Game DM'ed by Yours Truly.

The (Short) Concept:

One Party consisting entirely of Monstrous Characters, who will be building up there own lair.

One Party of High Level Heroes, going on adventures, and finally invading the lair of the other party.

I'll need atleast 4 Monsters and 4 Heroes.
The kind of monster will be determined by the players playing them, although all will have to agree on one race (or alliance of races). They will have some class levels to customize, and will have enough resources/slaves/NPC's to set up a good lair.

The heroes will probarly be an adventure group that knows eachother well, and has gotten many treasures together.

In My games, the players have something to say as well, if you don't like something, or wnat to add something, go right ahead, although I'll have the final word.

Anyone Interested?

perivas

First Post
Hmm...sounds fun. I am definitely interested, although I would favor more conniving and intelligent monsters over dumb raw power types. Maybe this should be the lair of upstart devils cast out of Hell. Anyone who really wants a natural monster would just add the Infernal template to the race.

Timothy

First Post
Character creation isn't neccesairy yet, because we'll have to decide what monsters we'll take and what level they will be.

For now we have:

Heroes:
GWolf

Monsters:
Wippit Guud
Perivas
Leopold

I'm off to bed, Everyone is in on a first come, first serve basis, although no more than 6 heroes and 8 monsters, but I'll first have to get that many.

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
[Edit] — Thought this looked doable, but I'll have to watch from the sidelines on this one.

Last edited:

perivas

First Post
I think that one of the most difficult things about running a game like this, in which the confrontation between monster PCs and non-monster PCs is evitable, is the setting of ECLs. Let's face it. Min-maxed characters with high point buys go through the equivalent CR monster like a hot knife through butter. Most systems of calculating ECLs result in ECLs being greater than CRs in most cases except the templates. So you end up with a CR5 creature with 5 levels of wizard be worth around 13 character levels. Is it as good as a 13th level cleric/wizard who can cast 7th level spells? No way. I feel that the ECL system breaks down a lot if you take too many levels of spellcaster for a creature. As long as a player only takes one or two levels of classes or uses only a low ECL creature, they may be equal to an equivalent character (and even then not in all cases). However, if a player goes half-and-half, it is almost assured that they will be weaker. Just my two cents.

I hope that you, Timothy, will be able to figure something out in this regard.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases