Finding Shirts Online

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
I start a new job December 1st after over a year of temping. My work shirts have gotten quite ratty, so I want to find some new ones. But I'm having trouble with my Google-fu to locate what I'm looking for. My top criteria is short sleeves, so shopping in a physical store at this time of year in the Chicago area is pointless. Anyone know where I can find reasonably-priced (pref. $25 or less) shirts that meet the following criteria?

1. Short Sleeved
  2. Button-Down
  3. 100% Polyester
  4. 3XL
  5. Preferably not solid colors, but also no floral/hawaiian patterns

Nellisir

Hero
If you have shirts that you like, I'd start by going to their websites. I don't know how far you'll get under $25, though - that's pretty cheap nowadays. I find some decent stuff at Goodwill & Salvation Army too; excellent shape & cheap.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
I seem to have good luck at Walmart and VanHuesen. Walmart's website seems to have less in stock that their physical stores, while VanHuesen points you to retailer websites. I guess the most frustrating part of the search is that none of the store sites filter by material. I really need stuff that resists wrinkling, because neither I or my wife feel like ironing, nor do I want to have to pay for constant dry cleaning.

Nellisir

Hero
I seem to have good luck at Walmart and VanHuesen. Walmart's website seems to have less in stock that their physical stores, while VanHuesen points you to retailer websites. I guess the most frustrating part of the search is that none of the store sites filter by material. I really need stuff that resists wrinkling, because neither I or my wife feel like ironing, nor do I want to have to pay for constant dry cleaning.

I get 35 results for short-sleeve, button-down, under $25, shirts at Sears, including a number that say "wrinkle-free", "easy-care", or "wrinkle-resistant". I rarely see material listed, but "wrinkle-free" or similar is common.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Sears looked like a good catch until I see that they consider 3X to be Big & Tall (regular only goes up to 2X). The cheapest easy-care, short-sleeve, button-down shirts with the 3X criteria are $34. All stores seem to rake you over once you hit big & tall, but most others only include 3XT and 3XB as B&T, not 3X. I'm used to paying a couple more bucks for a 3X vs. a 2X, but not the $20 difference I saw on Sears. At $34 I could get better shirts. The search continues, thanks for the help so far.

Remove ads