Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path

Inchoroi

Adventurer
5 out of 5 rating for Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path

Rise of the Runelords is one of the oldest of Paizo's APs, but does not suffer from that distinction at all. In fact, it is a very well written, well plotted path, providing both mystery, intrigue, dungeons, dragons, and everything else I was looking for in a campaign. My personal group prefers longer games, so having a long plot to use makes things even better.

pogre

Legend
4 out of 5 rating for Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path

My group enjoyed it very much. However, you should visit the Paizo forums for advice on running certain parts. A few of the encounters are a bit too tough for a standard party.

mouselim

First Post
3 out of 5 rating for Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path

As a first adventure path to the PF, it was very well received (since folks including me are hoping for a return to Dungeon adventure path such as Age of the Worm and Shackled City). However, after running the adventures, it felt sort of linear, somewhat disjointed and not that all exciting. Maybe over the years, I had been spoiled by many other adventures that are earth-shattering and epic proportions (e.g. War of the Burning Sky!) but this adventure doesn't hit a very high note.If I am to rate, this adventure will only take up an average rating for me. There are certainly other adventures that are much better.

carrot

Explorer
3 out of 5 rating for Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path

Admittedly we have a slightly munched party, but the tactics and disposition of the enemy have on occasion been ridiculously easy to overcome. Other scenarios have been deadly. We almost had a TPK due to a slippery slope! There also always seems to be a short-cut to the BBEG, so we found that we were doing most of the dungeons in reverse.The adventure is quite entertaining though, there is a fair amount of variety (and intrigue) in situations that allows each member of a balanced party to shine.

Minicol

Adventurer
Supporter

I ran it and rate it five, because the story is consistent, the setting is fine, you get solid fights, you get opportunities to roleplay, and then again you can insert add ons of your making really easily.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous

I recommend adding the plethora of fan made material - from the goblin song to great maps for Sandpoint's buildings - to your GM tools.

ironfangs

First Post

from the scary funny goblins of Sandpoint, to the otherworldly Spires of Xin-Shalast, this campaign has it all. i recommend the Anniversary Edition. a magnificent book.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases