Savage Tide Adventure Path

BenQ

First Post
5 out of 5 rating for Savage Tide Adventure Path

I ran this AP for a few years, using the Forgotten Realms adaption to set it in the southern portions of Faerun. I love that the campaign will easily accomodate either an evil party or a good one. The storyline is a good one, properly epic in scope. It involves some of the most awesome fantasy elements - pirates, dinosaurs, demons. No ninjas, sadly. There is a lot of scope to extend the campaign in many different directions, depending on what the players are interested in. For example, my group really got into the colony management theme - they spent a lot of time on missions to safeguard Farshore, carry out diplomatic negotiations, exercise control over economic resources, and fend of attempts by other power groups to subsume control of the settlement. I haven't found another AP to match the epic scope and flavour yet!

JLant

First Post

And solid Greyhawk lore. And for those who like Stranger Things, you'll love the BBEG at the end of this adventure.

Enrico Poli1

Adventurer

IMO, the second-best ever written adventure for D&D, any edition (after Age of Worms).
Very cinematic, if you play it you have the clear feeling of acting in a movie. A blockbuster, adventure-packed movie.
It's also one of the most difficult campaigns I ever played in. Ties with Tomb of Annihilation for most brutal.
If you can, play it for an incredible experience.

Remove ads