Second Darkness Adventure Path

Leif

Adventurer
4 out of 5 rating for Second Darkness Adventure Path

Despite the crossover to sci-fi that happens at the end, this AP is, overall, a set of quality adventures. Endings were designed to be re-written anyway, weren't they?

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
5 out of 5 rating for Second Darkness Adventure Path

This was an almost perfect AP, asides from having to be very railroady at certain points, it really relies on the characters following certain suggestions to the letter - although there are hints what to do if the PCs stray from the path too much. If you and your group can live with that it is 5 stars, otherwise 4.

Talysian

Explorer
1 out of 5 rating for Second Darkness Adventure Path

I felt like it really got disconnected in the middle, didn't enjoy the switch from the city to everywhere but.

Dragovon

First Post
4 out of 5 rating for Second Darkness Adventure Path

This one was fun, but parts required the GM to fudge stuff to keep us on track.

Starfox

Hero
2 out of 5 rating for Second Darkness Adventure Path

I've only played the first part of this, an amazing story about a gambling hall. By the end of that, the players own the hall if they did well, and are geared up for taking on the rest of the city. Sadly, this never happens, as the story derails into a series of dungeons. Yes, this is a horrible bait-and-switch, with the introduction that is completely different from what comes even in part two. Cutting away the introduction to stand on its own, this is a decent series of dungeons full of interesting encounters, but huge dungeons really are not my style.

JLant

First Post

Is it an urban adventure or an expedition to the underdark? Really played like two separate APs. Interesting background information on the setting save it from a "1".

mxyzplk

Explorer
3 out of 5 rating for Second Darkness Adventure Path

The first two chapters of Second Darkness are great. I used them to launch a completely different pirate campaign of my own. Once you hit chapter 3 and get into the drow part, it's just poorly conceived and executed, with plenty of "why are we doing this again?" moments.

Endur

First Post
3 out of 5 rating for Second Darkness Adventure Path

The big problem with many adventure paths is that there are different authors who don't read each other's modules before writing their own contribution. As a consequence, APs feel like six loosely connected stories instead of a single story. At best, there might be one or two crossover NPCs between stories, if that.I really liked Endless Night (part 4), but that was the only drow urban adventure in the story arc. The rest of the adventures occurred elsewhere.

Started with a bang. By end of Chapter 1 players own an inn!.... only to leave it behind forever to go fight dark elves. The end.

Remove ads