Will you be gaming in 20 years?

Will you be gaming in 20 years?

• Yes. And I'm going to be writing the books to!!

Votes: 64 28.4%
  • Yes. I'll be playing and/or DMing forever

Votes: 137 60.9%
  • No. I imagine by then family/work/etc will keep me too busy.

Votes: 16 7.1%
  • No. I'll be tired of it by then.

Votes: 8 3.6%

ah yup! play forever...be buried with me books....ah yup!

seriously, family and friends coming and going alters how much I play and the depth of play but the game remains. Soon my kids will be big enough that I may even run games for them and their friends.

DungeonKeeperUK

First Post
Been gaming for ::cough cough:: 33 years...
Got a few things published and more to come...
Teaching my child, her brothers and a friends children to play..

So think I'm stuck within D&D now, in the best possible way...

:)

Lizard

Explorer
DungeonKeeperUK said:
Been gaming for ::cough cough:: 33 years...
Got a few things published and more to come...
Teaching my child, her brothers and a friends children to play..

So think I'm stuck within D&D now, in the best possible way...

:)

I'm assuming you're including non-RPGs in that, since D&D hasn't had its 30th anniversary yet. (Close...)

DungeonKeeperUK

First Post
Lizard said:

I'm assuming you're including non-RPGs in that, since D&D hasn't had its 30th anniversary yet. (Close...)

oops... I really should get more sleep.. I am 33, that should have been 23 years gaming... though with some of my groups I'm sure thave added years onto it in a metaphysical sense...

Quickbeam

Explorer
You betcha!!

If I'm lucky, perhaps I'll find a way to get one of my small side adventures published too! And my oldest boy is just now reaching an age where his intellect is catching up with his curiousity about gaming. So there's little doubt in my mind that I'll be playing and teaching RPGs to my family as well :).

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
caudor said:

Buttercup, don't forget if we'll have plenty of time to play in the old folks home as well. Sure will be beat playing checkers. I'll be looking for ya.

Yeah, baby! We can take turns DMing. And hey, maybe by that time there will be a 'retirement community' for aged gamers!

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Well, I have been doing it for over 20 years now and I hope I am still doing it for another 20 but I do think I will have given it up by then or be dead.

Over 40
Over weight
Short (5' 4")
Stress
Male

Mmmmmmmm, odds not looking good.:)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases