Where to Buy Custom Cover Image for Novel?

Dog Moon

Adventurer
How are you past the point of no return? What contracts do have you signed? What money have you given them, or they given you?

Consider the concept that it is not unethical to abandon your mortgage (default on the loan). That notion strikes people as wrong, but in the world of Capitalism, if a deal is no longer worth it or viable, you abandon it.

If you're finding out this publisher isn't a good deal, then spend more effort to escape than rewarding them with money.

I already did sign stuff and pay for stuff. That's the thing. I'm like one step from the book being completely ready to go. Literally the only thing I need to do right now is get the cover image. Once that is done, my book will be published and available for purchase.

Mark Plemmons

Explorer
And thanks everyone for the help. I'm definitely appreciating it, though I'm starting to get this sinking feeling that it's going to get expensive getting art for my current rpg and boardgame products if a cover image for a book is that expensive!

Yeah, as others have noted, $200 for a cover is cheap - which means you're going to get a cheap cover. Unless you have some solid graphic design skills yourself, you're better off getting someone else to do the cover for you - and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a $500 minimum for cover work.

Also, keep in mind that if you decide to supply the cover yourself, then you will probably also have to supply the spine and back cover, formatted with the correct bleed and trim. Your publisher should be able to give you a template for this.

Can you provide links to other published books that have the type of cover design you want for your book? That would help me visualize what you want. I'd also like to know what company you're using, so I can view their website.

If you'd like to send me a PM to discuss, feel free. I'd be happy to share what 'wisdom' I've accumulated.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Hey, I'm sorry for taking soooo long to get back to this thread. Life has taken an... unfortunate turn for me. Anyway, I'm not actually 100% certain what I wanted for an image. It doesn't need to be anything fancy, just better than the companies bad options. Recently I've actually just been thinking about a "Cool looking sword" made from gold and silver, basically what becomes the main characters Holy Sword [such as for a Paladin]. I think it would look nice, be simple and not as expensive as a scenery image.

I suppose the background would be something pretty simple that doesn't detract from the weapon.

billy.moreau

First Post
Not sure if you found an answer or not to your question because I got tired of reading the replies but if you are willing to spend $150-$200 you can get Magic the Gathering artist Ken Meyer JR. to do a custom piece for you through facebook. See the pic I attached he did of my son.
f5ec6434484d2861a3502b352a861680.jpg

Remove ads