Zombie Movies

was

Adventurer
Despite the fact that the genre has been done to death, :p, I still find myself up for watching a zombie flick. No matter how bad it is, ahem..Sci Fi channel.., I'll still watch it beginning to end. What about you? Have you been worn out or are you still up for a no-brainer zombie flick?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
And now, a completely different answer...

I will watch classic zombie movies almost without complaint. But new ones? I need them to bring something to the table I haven't seen before. Some kind of cleverness.

So I enjoyed films like 28 Days Later, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, Colin and Juan of the Dead, but I wouldn't touch World War Z. I even enjoyed that recent episode of Dr Who...

Ryujin

Legend
I don't tend to fatigue over genres, but I do fatigue from same ol', same ol'. For example I'm starting to suffer from "The Walking Dead" burn out and may well walk away from it. "Z Nation" has a few things to recommend it that "The Walking Dead" doesn't. Some of it the actors who are involved and others the conceits (like people aren't blind to 75 years of zombie movies), that "The Walking Dead" ignores.

One of the reasons that I'm supporting so many independent films these days.

Crothian

First Post
I watch them as I'm curious what they are trying to do. There was one set in Africa that I never saw much of and the zombies were very slow. I've been trying to find it again but haven't.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I will watch classic zombie movies almost without complaint. But new ones? I need them to bring something to the table I haven't seen before. Some kind of cleverness.

So I enjoyed films like 28 Days Later, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, Colin and Juan of the Dead, but I wouldn't touch World War Z.

Would that they had done an actual WWZ movie - if they'd taken their cues from the book, they would have had something new to add.

I find I'm ot actually a fan of zombies, as a whole genre. I'm a fan of particular versions. I watch Walking Dead. I loved the book of World War Z. 28 Days later? Meh. I haven't bothered to watch Shaun of the Dead, or Zombieland.

Ryujin

Legend
Would that they had done an actual WWZ movie - if they'd taken their cues from the book, they would have had something new to add.

I find I'm ot actually a fan of zombies, as a whole genre. I'm a fan of particular versions. I watch Walking Dead. I loved the book of World War Z. 28 Days later? Meh. I haven't bothered to watch Shaun of the Dead, or Zombieland.

You're missing something in not seeing either of those movies (Shawn and Zombieland). They're both very good send-ups of the genre, so they bring something fresh to it.

Rule #1 - Cardio

Remove ads