Pathfinder Cards: Rules Reference Flash Cards Double Deck

Akodoken

Explorer
4 out of 5 rating for Pathfinder Cards: Rules Reference Flash Cards Double Deck

On the whole, this is a good product to have at the game table, although it does take some organization to get the most out of them. I quickly found them to be a bit unwieldy at the game table. It is a fairly large stack of cards, and finding the right one while trying to keep a game moving can be problematic. So before each game session, I will skim the adventures I am running and build a mini-deck of cards with the ones I know I will need for that session. The rest sit off to the side in case I need them. As a player, I build a deck covering all the rules I need to play my character. This adds a bit of prep time before each game session, but it saves us from having to thumb through a stack of books (or Ctrl-F the correct PDF) to find what we need.

3 out of 5 rating for Pathfinder Cards: Rules Reference Flash Cards Double Deck

These cards are nice and I had bought these for my buddy who is a Pathfinder DM. With Pathfinder having so many rules, I thought these cards would help him out. If you know what you'll be dealing with (before the game begins) you can pull the cards out but otherwise you have a lot of cards to go through to find the rule you're looking for. My cousin finds the rules in question during a game faster on his pdf with a search function then us going through the cards physically.

Kelanen

Explorer
2 out of 5 rating for Pathfinder Cards: Rules Reference Flash Cards Double Deck

The idea is to "Stop flipping back and forth through rulebooks—grab the cards you need and keep your game moving." You end up flipping through cards which is much slower than an electronic search or a book

marroon69

Explorer
4 out of 5 rating for Pathfinder Cards: Rules Reference Flash Cards Double Deck

I think this is a good idea but it has to be used right otherwise it does not add value. In my eyes the best way to use this is to have the players pull out the cards that are relevant to their characters, basically have the players manage this. This is not for the GM, well it could be useful but does not really give that much benefit over the GM screen. I rated it a B not because of content or card layout, but because in reality you would really need multiple decks at a the table to make it worth while.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases