What was your first PC's name?

Kesh

First Post
Xhoral Fahrliss, human wizard.

His claim to fame was defending a castle under seige, first by (accidentally) using a wand of lightning bolt to kill the enemy leader. Then, by lowering the drawbridge.

No, really! It actually worked. Let part of the enemy force come over the drawbridge, then cast web, followed by burning hands. Instant barbeque. :D

starwolf

First Post
Privateer said:
Oooh, I can remember what he was named AFTER... the big bird thing with the antlers... whatever that was. Can anyone help?

Darn tasloi. ____ (whatever his name was) was a nice cleric, too...

That would be a Peryton

Veander

First Post
Veandercult Trochspacous

Started as a Raistlin type in 1988 for me. Though I hadn't read Dragonlance yet. But my intent was to make him evil someday. No clue why anymore, but he DID end up becoming the great evil spellslinger of my homebrew world. He had a son, who becomes the great hero. Yes, yes, Star Wars must have been in my subconscience then, though I don't remember it as such.

V

Richards

Legend
I was first introduced to AD&D by my two cousins, who brought their books over to our house one summer day (they lived like an hour away) with a homemade dungeon and an assortment of pregenerated characters. So my first PC was not one that I had created myself, just one that I chose out of the available batch. He was a druid named Jon (real original, I know, but they had named the potential PCs as well), and I chose him not because I liked druids in particular, but because a) he was a human, and I didn't want to be anything "sissy" like an elf or a halfling :), and b) his stats didn't completely suck. (They had created a random number generator to determine the potential PCs' stats, only instead of randomly determining numbers from 1-6 and adding them together, they just randomly determined numbers between 3 and 18. So the PCs we had to choose from had quite a few 3s and 4s...I think Jon's lowest was a 6. After the game was over, we had a little discussion about bell curves...)

Anyway, it was a simple little game: we woke up in a dungeon and had to find the way out. Our first encounter was with 4 giant rats, and I had Jon run away at full speed (it seemed like a logical response), until my cousins informed me that was somewhat of a breech of adventurer etiquette...

Good times. I don't have Jon's character sheet, though.

Johnathan

Aeolius

Adventurer
Serpentus Reptileon, human cleric.

After I got over my snake phase and realized how silly the name was, for a lawful good character, I swiftly changed his name to Serrus Rylon.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Max Votar. 1st level fighter from the red box D&D. Got nailed by a gelatinous cube in the Keep on the Borderlands. Spring of '83.

He's still running around the campaign-in-my-head - but a lot more bad-arse since 3rd edition came out. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases