Pathfinder 1E Wondering which are the best Paizo APs?

Crucius

First Post
Interesting. I would have figured Carrion Crown to be higher on the list. I'm running it with some pals right now and it's of extremely high quality.

Aloïsius

First Post
Carrion Crown is good, but it is an oddball adventure path and quite far of the beaten dungeon trail.

That's the problem with this kind of list. Everyone does not have the same tastes. I see Age Of Worms at 84.5% while kingmaker is trending at 70.5%... It tells a lot about what the audience like, not about the merits of such or such specific AP. That, and the date of first publication...

Well, I'm honestly a bit surprised (and pleasantly so) to see such an old AP rank so high. I was expecting the rankings to be pretty well release date in reverse, the newer the higher.

Starfox

Adventurer
Looking at the results, it seems a bit backwards chronologically. Of the first 10, 7 are really old, and 2 are actually from Dragon. I feel its not that the APs are getting worse, but they are getting more special interest and not for everyone. Will be interesting to see how Giantslayer does, as it is much more "generic fantasy".

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Looking at the results, it seems a bit backwards chronologically. Of the first 10, 7 are really old, and 2 are actually from Dragon. I feel its not that the APs are getting worse, but they are getting more special interest and not for everyone. Will be interesting to see how Giantslayer does, as it is much more "generic fantasy".

I think that's possible. It's also possible that the older ones, with more players having had a chance to experience them, are more likely to attract a larger variety of generally positive reviews compared to the newer ones which may be more subject to a few axe-grinders who really didn't like them and felt motivated enough to post their views.

Thanks for this, Morrus. I spent a significant amount of time just yesterday evening researching this very question, and still didn't come away with an overall sense of popularity as handy as the stats you provide in the link.

Starfox

Adventurer
Indeed, the impression of a scenario can change a lot once you've played it. But not on ENworld - as I recall you can't go back and change your score once you've given one.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases