Ohio Gameday 2: Game Sign Up (5/17/03)

Crothian

First Post
Okay, the first one was a lot of fun, so do people want a sequal? Last time we had five games and 29 people, I'm hoping for a bigger turnout.

When: 5/17/03
Where: Grey H in the Ohio Union

What will we do differently: More organized. I learned a few things and I think I can have this one run much smoother.

So, if you are interesting please post. If you can suggest a date or know what dates are bad for you, post them. Want to run a game? Post that as well. Want to play in one, post it.

I'm going to run Fellowship of the Flute Part 2. I'm advancing the pregens up to third level. More info as it becomes availible.

So, let's hear from you.

The Games

10am-2pm

Mutants and Masterminds run by Ashockey is running X-men verse Avengers: Crothian, Kaffis, Bubbalicious, Juneau, BButler

CANCELED: d20 Mecha: Mobile Suit Gundam: Vengeance (UC0080)
run by Lrdapoc (6 players): Jon, Quickbeam, dshai527

3pm-7pm

CANCELED: Star Wars RPG Episode I: Descent (Republic Expansion 700yrs before SW:ANH) run by Lrdapoc (6 players): DanMcS, Kaffis, Juneau,, BButler, armaghedron

Fellowship of the Flute 2 run by Crothian (7 players): Clear Dragon, Quickbeam, Aurora, Bubbalicious, dshai527, Majicthise

8pm-whenever

Swashbuckling Game part 2 run by Dshai527: DanMCs, Bubbalicious, Kaffis, NightsEnd, Clear Dragon, dshai527

Last edited:

Enkhidu

Explorer
I'd be game.

As a suggestion, we might want to find out what kind of games people request, and then get DM's to run those games (sort of player driven rhather than DM driven). I think Chicago tried this method - why not give it a shot?

fett527

First Post
It would depend on the date and the wife for me. She's not going to be too keen on me taking up a whole Saturday every two months.:p

Crothian

First Post
Okay, so what type of games do people want to play in? And I don't think we'll be doing this every two months. We can move this one back to April if that's what people want to do.

Quickbeam

Explorer
Depending on the date, Alex and I would obviously want to be part of the Fellowship of the Flute Part 2. Beyond that, I'd love to play d20 Modern again (since our group will likely hold off playing this until our current campaign is over) and perhaps Mutants and Masterminds.

I'll keep and eye on this thread for more details as they become available.

Last edited:

BButler

First Post
I'd love to come, depending on the scheduling of course. Heck, I may even be able to bring along a non-ENWorld gaming buddy or two.

My current favorite game is Spycraft. I think it would be cool to have a game of that going. Also, I have always wanted to play in a Call of Cthulhu game, but have never been able.

Crothian

First Post
Okay it seems that people are wanting to try some different games. So, is anyone willing and able to run any of these? And as suggestions are made, please voice if you are interested in playing in that as well.

Also, if you have any suggestions for making the whole day run smoother, please say them.

I was thinking of having a sign in table. Just to get a record of who all was able to show up. Nametags were suggested last time, would that be something people want? I'll also have each game and who signed up for it on sperate sheets of paper so the DM can have that. Then I'll also have a master list of everything.

dshai527

First Post
Count me in, although I think Late April is better, but I am willing to do either.

I am also willing to run part 2 of my Swashbuckling game.

Aurora and I of course would love to be apart of the fellowship of the flute again, for Aurora though it depends on her work schedule.

ashockney

First Post
Timing:

Agreed that two months is a little "tight" for me as well, but willing to go with whatever works for everyone else.

Definitely Saturdays.

Would love to play, in order...
Epic DnD (or high level)
Spycraft
Mutants and Masterminds
Anything written/published by other ENWorlder's...
d20 Modern
Anything else DnD
Rolemaster
Talisman

Would be willing to DM...
Epic DnD (or high level)
Spycraft
Anything written/published by other ENWorlder's...

OSU worked out great I thought. Anything with such easy access to Chipotle is good in my book.

Suggestions:
Name Tags - A must.
Sign In - Good idea.
Publicity - Could we/should we publicize outside of ENWorld? I wonder how many of the OSU Saturday regulars know about ENWorld?
Sponsors - Felt really good to have some "stuff" for the gameday. It would be cool to have more donated (RPGNow Bucks???) and add a touch more formality to the process for the giveaways. Even if that is "the DM" decides or "everyone pass a note with the three best players".
Scribe - I was glad to put names to faces and such, and I wonder if there is more interest in hearing about our exploits out on the messageboards. Could we have designated "scribes" who could take notes on events (they could be players or non-players in a game) who will record and update their info to the boards. Even simple stuff like the "funniest" quotes I think are priceless.

Take it all or junk it all. Just my 2 cents.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases