Pathfinder Strategy Guide

marroon69

Explorer
5 out of 5 rating for Pathfinder Strategy Guide

While this book does not present any new options it does a great job of organizing and explaining the core game. They simplified character creation, reorganized the game play and combat rules and even added little advice/tips bubbles through out the book. While this book is not for everyone I would recommended it at tables with new players.

Ezequielramone

Explorer
4 out of 5 rating for Pathfinder Strategy Guide

I have a new player, new for the entire hobby. I'll try this. Plus there are always "veteran players" that don't know how to calculate AC and stuffs.

Starfox

Adventurer
3 out of 5 rating for Pathfinder Strategy Guide

This book tries to be an introduction for new players f the Pathfinder game. As a conversation piece on your coffee table, this might work; when I open the book at a random page, I usually find something intriguing on that page. The intended use of the book is as a guide to what character to play, and how to advance that character once you're playing, and I feel it only does a mediocre job there. There is simply too much text for someone who has not yet decided if Pathfinder is something they want to delve deeper into.

I can see uses for this book, but for the kind of circle-of-friends games I run, it is useless. Still giving it a middling rating as others may find more use for it.

Remove ads