Revolution!, Part I

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"Awaken!" A voice travels through the small barracks. "Awaken - the sun has risen!"

The sound of booted feet reaches your still-sleeping ears, though they quickly react when curtains are pulled open, and the sun shines through and down upon the faces of those sleeping within the barracks.

"Awake!" The voice yells loudly again, and booted feet run out of the barracks. You can hear the yell once more, distant.

As you awaken, the smells of new wood, freshly-cleaned cloth, and a recently-painted sign greet you. It has taken a year of training, but you have finally accomplished it - you are a part of the guerrila army of Dralin.

They have given you, and those companions who now bunk with you, the designation 'Dralin 18'. There are certainly at least that many groups, but few are as varied and unusual as yours. Rumor has it that this group has been specially and carefully crafted - however, the rumor-mill often comes out with many more outlandish tales, and few are true.

As you rise from your bunk, you find that a small slip of paper has been set on the group table within the barracks. It reads, quite simply: "Meet at tactical with Instructor Riltyn at noon."

Judging by the current place of the sun, it is only around eight or nine in the morning. You have a couple of hours to prepare before you meet with Riltyn.

As you read the note, the smells of cooking breakfast emanate from outside in the courtyard, and accompanying that smell is the sound of mock combat, already being initiated.

-----

Thus begins the game. If you have any OoC questions, please use blue text to set it off, or the
OOC:
OOC: and
designators.

An OoC thread will be set up shortly. If you have a larger OoC question, please ask it there.

Feel free to RP your way through the morning, until noon. If you would like a more thoroughly-detailed description of the garrison, I can give it to you in the OoC thread.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Storm Arrow begins her day much as any other, stretching and limbering for the days activities. Her clothes consist of drak browns and blacks, and her bow is ever present. The note on the table gives her pause and a slight smile finally appears on her face. 'Finally,' she thought, 'Perhaps now we are through with the training and I can get on with my purpose here.'

She breaks her fast on the offerings grown of the soil, leaving the meat to others. Pale of complexion like the winter snow, Storm Arrow runs her hands through her dark brown (almost black) hair and looks for her comrades to find if they know anything of this meeting.

OCC: What season is it? Need to know to describe my character. Thanks!

[Edit] Spelling and added description

Last edited:

When the awake call comes Urthadar gets up as fast as he can, but after seeing that there's no urgency he sits on his bed looking miserable.

Why does this always happen, I hate early wake ups.

Couple of minutes later Urthadar stands up, and finds some water to wash his face. After refreshing himself Urthadar dresses up, and heads outside for breakfast.

OOC: How big is the camp?

dpdx

Explorer
Oi! Time ta face tha marnin!

With an offset, almost clenching grin, the one the others know as 'Padraic' rises from his cot, runs a hand through his greasy black hair, and scratches himself in a few places before stretching out to his full five-foot, ten-inch figure. With a satisfied sigh, he adjusts his armor, gear and weapons (which, it appears, he has slept in - again) before striding purposefully to the door. Stopping at the door, he pushes it open with his right hand, and bellows: "DOOO WEEE GET TA KILL THE ASHKIANS, YETT?"

As he steps through the door, and off in the direction of breakfast, a laugh, not nearly as loud as Padraic's 'question', emanates: "Ya-haAH-ha haha!" His head seems to bobble with each syllable.

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
A few heads in the courtyard, especially of those who are gathering around a large pot, turn to look at Padraic as he bellows out his question.

"That one's gone in the head..." A voice mutters, the speaker shaking his head and returning to examining the pot.

As Padraic approaches, he can see that the food in the pot is a soup or stew - it's hard to determine which. It has a few chunks of meat in it, as well as some vegetables, and all of it is well-cooked.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Storm Arrow nods in greeting to those around her as she begins practicing with her bow. Upon hearing Padraic, a wry smile briefly crosses her face. 'He may be crazy, but I'm glad he's on our side,' she thinks.

dpdx

Explorer
Padraic walks over toward the stew, making exaggerated sniffing sounds with his trademark tortuous grin. Looking around, he sees Storm Arrow at the archery bay.

"Storrm Arrah," he calls across the field, rolling his r's, "I trust ya left me some meat, ya fine lass." Blowing her a kiss, he laughs, then turns back to the tenders of breakfast.

Slowly walking up to the person with the ladle, Padraic doesn't stop until his bright-eyed, smiling face is a hair's breadth away. Once it is (if it is), he'll start laughing until the man hands him the ladle. He'll then serve himself for breakfast, taking care to have only one scoop of stew. Oblivious to any reactions, he'll walk across the field over to where Storm Arrow is practicing, and eat.

As Urthadar walks outside towards the group, he stretches his back and takes a deep breath.

"Good morning everyone."

Looking amused Urthadar says to Padraic, "I see you are your usual wacky self today."

Urthadar talks politely of trivial things to several men/women around the pot as he takes some breakfast. Finally he asks, "So does anyone know what’s going on this morning?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases