D&D 5E The Lichway - IC Thread

toasterferret

Explorer
Nissa looks up at Javier.

"You hear it too then? There's something moving beyond that door, perhaps we had better figure out our next course of action."

Brother Dave

First Post
Taking his job as Nissa's bodyguard seriously, Ren quickly notices that she has retreated back to the other room. He quickly assesses the situation with the three men, decides the Captain has it well in hand without him, and quietly pads back into the room after her.

Catching the tail end of her whisper to Javier, Ren looks pointedly at the door in question, then raises his eyebrows at Nissa questioningly while positioning himself to attack anything that might come through.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Finally one normal roll :)
Perception to notice others (1d20+2=17)

Noticing the commotion around the door, the captain raises his hand.
"One moment please before we get into gritty details, you're still not cleared of planning an ambush."
He motions toward the hall. Zanword joins his companions at the door, with split focus, he doesn't like having three men behind him.

"What did you see before we came? How many of you are there?"

MortalPlague

Adventurer
The tall man squinted at Nissa, still working a bit of leather between his teeth. Her words made sense, at least right up until she wrapped things up with '...figure out our next course...'. He'd heard a lot of dithering back and forth already on the part of the group's leadership, and while he wasn't against getting paid to do nothing, he was getting a bit restless.

He slid his sword free of its sheath, shifting his grip on the hilt, and stepped right up to the door. He put a hand on the door and pulled it open, bellowing as he did.

"Swords down or die on your feet!" he barked.

[roll0]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Pipluk motions for Veneman and Argun to be quiet before either of them pipes up with more complaints. He lowers his bow, but keeps an arrow nocked. With Ren, Javier and Nissa investigating the door on the other side of the room with the runes, there are fewer crowding around him now. Zanword, Ethian and Mistral remain, with Rurik somewhere near the rear.

"There are just the four of us," says Pipluk. "We've not long been here - we came across the bridge, had a quick look around the wharf area. The water door seemed a better bet than the fire one with all the bars and chains. In the room out there with all the markings on the floor we met a man calling himself Amdor the Magnificent." He points to the door that Veneman was battering down when you entered. "Like you, we were surprised to find somebody already here, like you we tried to get information from us. He put a curse on Veneman and fled through that door, but as far as we know it's a dead-end in there. And thus you find us. The so-called Amdor the Magnificent will be able to tell you more, if we would get to him."

[sblock=OOC]
I've attached a map. I think. The attachment interface has changed.

Anyway, it should clarify any "this door, that door" confusion.

[/sblock]

Attachments

• Lichway Map 5.jpg
    Lichway Map 5.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 132

Dr Simon

Explorer
And then Javier takes the initiative and opens the far door. The room beyond is very similar to the one where Pipluk and his men were found - formerly some kind of bunkroom given the broken bed frames and old mattresses that litter the room. The embers of a small fire give the room a dim red light, which reveal six figures in the room, eyes glinting in light. Four smaller creatures - goblins, two taller hobgoblins, all armed and ready for a fight.

[sblock=OOC]
Javier's intimidation doesn't work. Ren, Javier and Nissa get to roll initiative this round, the others won't have seen this yet.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Lichway Map 6.jpg
    Lichway Map 6.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 115

MortalPlague

Adventurer
The big man shifted his stance to bring his shield to bear, and he prepared to hold the doorway. It didn't look like the creatures would be cowed by his shout.

[roll0]

Brother Dave

First Post
Once he is in place Ren steals a look back over his shoulder to see how negotiations are going with the three men, but his eyes snap back to the front when he hears the door creak open. What?? Why would Javier...? His thoughts freeze at the unfamiliar sight of the goblins and hobgoblins. I've seen images in books and frescoes, but... He shakes his head, hesitating for a moment before resolutely raising his shield and warhammer. "Nissa, get back from the door! Stay behind me."

OOC: Initiative: (1d20=6) <----- Phffflbt.

sithramir

First Post
Mistral looks at Pipluk and his crew, "I'm not so sure you're trustworthy enough for such duties yet. How exactly did you get here and what is YOUR exit strategy? I don't recall seeing any ships around. I assume you plan on using magic to transport back to town? Not all of the dots are connecting with how exactly you got here."

Edit: I was assuming this happened before Nissa shouted.

I'll assume this initiative roll is for round 2 actions on Mistrals end: [roll]1d20+3[/roll] = 16 (I forgot i can't roll in an edit)

Last edited:

Remove ads