D&D 5E The Lichway - IC Thread

sithramir

First Post
"Let me fix the light problem." Mistral states with a smile. He casts a light spell upon a small pebble.

"We can scout ahead using the light as a buffer if you all would prefer" Mistral casts a second can trip and the lighted pebble floats aloft. "I can send it in ahead of us or have it trail behind in case we need to get the drop on any unwanted inhabitants. What so you think?"

MortalPlague

Adventurer
Watching the others get ready and clamber out of the boat, Javier cracked his neck, then stood slowly. He had good balance; the rocking of the boat didn't seem to slow him any as he collected his ratty, mud-caked pack and slung it over one shoulder. Then he stepped off the boat and onto the steps. An amused gaze back to Ruric asked if the dwarf was coming, before he stepped up the short flight of stairs to join the others.

toasterferret

Explorer
Nissa looks up to Ren as she replies.

"Correct on all accounts. I had a feeling the stonework here would pique your interest."

Nissa then crosses the plank to stand upon the weathered stone walkway. The sudden flare of light causes her to squint for a moment before she speaks again.

"A whistling sound with a door left ajar would suggest another way to the surface. At least the air should be fresh. Fascinating markings in the stonework, probably dating back to....."

Her voice fades as she mutters to herself about the details in the carvings.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock]He actually meant dark in the spiritual sense - you know, skeletal carvings, etc. - because the stonework is the first thing Ren would notice. But if the lighting is poor, too, then the double meaning works. :) [/sblock]

OOC: Well, if it works on both accounts! To answer other enquiries, I don't know of another dice roller site that allows you to "prove" your scores. Hopefully one will crop up to fill the void. Were there ever any plans to resurrect the one that used to be on this site?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"So, in essence, you're here to plunder like the rest of them. Only you have a temple behind you so there may be some hope you will not despoil this place. Anyone wanting to check that chest underwater? The skeleton is just that, a skeleton, not undead."

toasterferret

Explorer
Nissa glances up from the stone work she was studying long enough to remark,

"Plunder is such a vulgar word. I can't speak for everyone here but I intend to preserve as much as I can before further tectonic events cause us to lose this archaeological treasure forever. I consider it a sacred charge to preserve whatever knowledge possible." she pauses a moment,

"I do appreciate your concern however, many ancient treasures have been lost to careless grave robbers."

She turns to Ren and asks "Ren do you think you could recreate the image of these doors in wood and leather? Say for the cover of a tome?"

Brother Dave

First Post
"I don't know, Nissa. I really do a lot better with stone. I could try." Ren considers the image for a few moments, memorizing the design. "When we get back I'll carve a miniature version in stone. Marble if I can get it. Then I can try to make what you want, and if I can't you'll at least have a model for a woodcarver to follow."

MortalPlague

Adventurer
Javier walked towards the rest of the group and the door, his eyes lingering on the lethargic dwarf still in the boat. No doubt Ruric was fussing with something. Still chewing on the bit of leather, he stepped up and joined the back of the group.

Chew, chew.

"Is loot a better word?" he asked.

Chew, chew.

"Maybe ransack."

Javier squinted up at the roof, swishing the piece of leather around before he resumed chewing on it.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Ah, well, I will get it then. Please watch around for any predators. This isn't in the graveyard and I will consider it sea treasure."

Putting his cutlass in mouth, the captain dives from the bridge toward the small chest on the bottom.

OOC: I assume that captain knows how to swimm, being a sailor and having athletics proficiency :)

Dr Simon

Explorer
The chest isn't deep down, and Zanword barely needs to swim at all to retrieve it. It's quite small, but reasonably heavy, looks like it's made from bronze. It is clasped shut but looks like it is still intact.

Javier studies the ceiling, whether because he is actually interested in it, or merely to show disinterest in the doings of the others, is unclear. But it seems unremarkable natural stone.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases