D&D 5E The Lichway - IC Thread

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Wait for a moment, I would like to check that barge sitting there. Maybe we can get some idea what happened and I don't like the idea of leaving Sea Glimmer here if something will sink it.

Maybe I should anchor a bit further out and row back?"

OOC: @Dr Simon, can you describe sunk ship on the left? Was it sunk because it was left anchored after the adventurers perished and storms smashed it? Do I recognize it?

Also, can I anchor the ship further out and come back in a row boat? Or is my ship barely a boat itself? (I know it is too much value for a starting char, but it is part of my bond and I plan on improving it :) )

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
The sunken barge looks like an old Sandlander funeral barge, perhaps the last one ever to arrive. It looks to Zanword as if it's just sunk due to gradually succumbing to age.

OOC: The Sea Glimmer is quite small, but you could have a tiny one-man tender trailing alon with it if you wish.

Neurotic

OOC: not that important, I'll leave the ship anchored to the bridge, I'll buy the boat when I have the money. Lets say its barely seaworthy (I'm first level and this is the ship that was sunk at some point and rebuilt in this smaller version :) to have some room for improvement...)

Kaodi

Hero
Rurik puts the stopper back into the gourd full of sand and places it back into the chest. From the flask he takes a small sip for taste, and to see if he can identify what sort of spirit it really is. Then he puts the stopper back in and places it in his pack to save for later.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Ethian followed his friends Nissa and Ren out of the boat, and has been checking the surroundings quietly close to them. After seeing the captain come out of the water, Ethian says: "Captain, thank you for getting wet and retrieving the chest. Let me help you so you don't stay uncomfortable and leave a trail". Ethian's gaze seems to lose focus as he mutters unintelligible words of power, and gestures in a repetitive circular manner with his right hand. Slight whirlwinds starts blowing around the sailor as his clothing flutters softly.

OCC 1: successive castings of prestidigitation until the captain is dry and clean of any salt residue as well as sand. He also now has a slight and pleasant aroma of lavender with a hint of cinnamon coming from his clothes :D

OCC 2: for what it's worth at this point (and to test the roller) [roll0]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Rurik recognises the drink in the flask as a kind of liquor made from sea urchins, a local speciality, and quite potent, if you can get past the slightly fishy smell.

MortalPlague

Adventurer
The big man glanced at the captain and Ethian, and snorted as the cleaning took place.

Chew, chew.

He seemed content to stand there, his shield held in his off-hand, waiting for someone to move into the dungeon.

sithramir

First Post
"Let us be on our way I suppose" Mistral notes. "I would prefer to not be the main lead but can stay up front as one of the 2-3 scouts."

toasterferret

Explorer
"Very well. I don't want to make decisions for those who will be more at risk than myself, so those who will be up front should choose the way."

Neurotic

Then he (Rurik) puts the stopper back in and places it in his pack to save for later.

OOC: Trust a rogue to fill his backpack first :) ;)

"Rurik, put that into the chest and leave it under the bow cover. If there is anything inside, you might need the backpack space" The captain softens the command with an easy smile as the wind whirls around him.

"Thank you, Ethian..." frowns "Erm...couldn't you make me smell like rum? :) Or at least remain neutral? If there is something inside it will smell me out in a breath. And the ladies of the city might miss their manly captain."

Last edited:

Remove ads