D&D 5E The Lichway - IC Thread

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
There is no equivalent to Knowledge (Local) or Streetwise skill in 5e, which is what I'd normally use to identify these men. Instead, use an Intelligence check if your background suggests a connection. That counts for anyone, not just Zanword.
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Javier doesn't recognise the men, but they remind him a little of himself; they look like they came from the same kind of start in life. You recall the rumours about a group of "disreputable adventurer types" who set off a few days ago, some time after Dark Odo's crew.

sithramir

First Post
Mistral enters the room, "I'm glad no one is looking for a frivolous fight. It seems a waste in such a dangerous place to waste peoples lives. I am Mistral and am along for the ride to sing the tales of hearty and brave men willing to brave these dangerous causeways. Perhaps you may join my tales and be sung of for future generations! Perhaps you have heard of me? We may have mutual goals which would allow us to merge our skills together in these dark places."

[roll0]
[roll1]

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Never 'eard of ya," says Veneman. "My name's Veneman, and I break things. 'Eard o' me?"

"Peace my friend," says the elf, his bow still drawn. "One warns us to escape a curse of undeath, another offers to immortalise us in song if we join him. You really ought to get your stories straight." He quirks an eyebrow. "I don't share my friend Veneman's taste for senseless violence either. We have no wish to fight you, but neither have I cause to trust you. Tell me, have you perchance mislaid a wizard? I whiny little runt of a man."

[sblock=sithramir]
In fact, Mistral has heard of Veneman,who has a bit of a reputation back in town for bar fights. That would probably make the elf a minor fortune-hunter by the name of Pipluk, also vaguely known around town.
[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"Never 'eard of ya," says Veneman. "My name's Veneman, and I break things. 'Eard o' me?"

"Peace my friend," says the elf, his bow still drawn. "One warns us to escape a curse of undeath, another offers to immortalise us in song if we join him. You really ought to get your stories straight." He quirks an eyebrow. "I don't share my friend Veneman's taste for senseless violence either. We have no wish to fight you, but neither have I cause to trust you. Tell me, have you perchance mislaid a wizard? I whiny little runt of a man."

Ethian also enters the room. "Gentlemen, shall we lower our weapons and talk as civilized folks do? We vastly outnumber you, and surely if we meant you any harm we would not be having this conversation. I am Ethian" he says, as he moves his hair with his hand not holding his wand, to show a pointed ear to the elf, in a non threatening way.

OCC: [roll0]
[roll1]

Last edited:

sithramir

First Post
"Hello Pipluk." Mistral starts, "It appears we have found a group of fortune hunters team" the bard mentions to the rest of our group.

"The question is if this place is big enough for the two of us to profit. But then again, not many people have made it back from these parts."

Mistral turns looking at the rest of the group "Perhaps we should let them test if any traps are around. No point of getting ourselves in any danger" he states so that the strangers can overhear.

toasterferret

Explorer
Nissa sheepishly peeks around Ren and says "I've got no problems with that, as long as we can all agree to be careful and not damage anything we can avoid damaging...

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"You guys are so mean. We should get them out rather then fight their zombies later. I'd rather kill them now then have to smell them later."

Zanword retreats back toward the group, turning his back to the warriors, but accidentally cutting off the elf from the rest of his group.
OOC: this last part is based on the description that he came from the corner behind the door - if it was some other door just ignore this.

Talking over his shoulders he addresses the thugs in all seriousness.
"Know that single bite or scratch is enough. Unless you keep fairly close to me."

Remove ads