Dragon Age RPG, Set 3

4 out of 5 rating for Dragon Age RPG, Set 3

The third players guide gives us rules to take our characters to level 20 as well as some very interesting backgrounds. It also includes lore on the countries of Orlais and Tevinter. Great stuff, but I would have liked to see more regions in Thedas detailed.The Game Master's Guide finally gives us rules on the Taint and the Fade, both of which should have been in earlier books. It has a section on creating adversaries along with the statistics for the nastiest foes that players are going to face: demons, abominations, qunari and (woohoo!) a high dragon, an encounter that should be the climax of an entire campaign. We finally get rune magic (enchantment!). The book also includes rules for mass battles, and ends with a level 11-13 adventure where the PCs must raise and lead an army. This section includes some great information on each NPC - their goals, their personality, how they can be influenced and what leverage can be obtained to force their co-operation. This is an excellent way to write up NPCs and should be copied by many books.As with the previous books, the books are nicely laid out (I wish some other games would follow this lead - yes, D&D 5E DMG, I'm looking at you). Art is used sparingly and well. Some of the pictures (like the dragon on the cover of the GM Guide) are stunning.If you have bought the previous books, you'll buy this one (or wait for the compendium).I bought the pdfs, so I can't comment on the physical books.

Remove ads