D&D 3E/3.5 Hmmm... Savage Species, Arms & Equip, and 3.5

Shalewind

First Post
Hmmm. It just occurred to me that two core products are coming out just prior to the rules update... Does this mean they too will be outdated as soon as they arrive. Or has WoTC anticipated this and taken steps to work with it. For instance:

Savage Species will undoubtedly have creatures with DR in as well as some addressing of the ECL situation. This is a definitive product for these creatures, right? And how to play them in the future. Is this stuff (particularly the DR) going to be changed in July? Or is it already as the 3.5 rules will be?

Arms and Equipment mentions the use of new materials to make weapons of, right? Is is a coincidence that DR is being materials revised... I think not.

Will these books be previews of things to come, or be outdated as soon as they hit the shelves?

Edit: Ahhh... And the Fiend Folio too... Methinks the new Pit Fiend stats might also be in there... And the Race book for FR. Something is afoot I tell you. ;)

Last edited:

Datt

First Post
I would say that they need to conform about as much as the Stornghold Builders Guidebook needs to conform. They are just going to give you new ways to do old things.

smetzger

Explorer
But will the listed ECL for the Pit Fiend be for the 'old' one or the new improved one?

If all the ECLs listed are for the 'old' monsters and most of the monsters go through a drastic change like the Pit Fiend, well that make Savage Species much less usable.

Shalewind

First Post
Exactly. As would all the material rules in Arms & Equip. become much less usable if they change them for DR in 3.5. Which is why I have my theory on the books being compatible. Or more importantly, a preview.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases