From humble beginnings...

Narrator

Banned
Banned
The Thirsty Gnoll was not the type of place that was conducive to long stays. In fact, with the itching you were all currently forced to endure due to a population of lice that seemed to compete with the rats for breeding trophies, you wished you were out of here post haste.

But the days dragged on as you waited for Tarvoden to come collect you all and so you did as best you could. One way to pass the time was by determining just who in the Abyss the other people were, who seemed involved in this endeavour.

Your magnificent host, a stringy man of greyed clothing and greyed whiskers and greyed demeanor, was someone you had long given up hope of ever getting a decent conversation out of. It seemed to you that he, Jeddeb the Bartender, had a vocabulary consisting solely of the words, "Are yah gonna pay fer dat?" Given the quality of service and goods, you were oft tempted to say no...

The accomodations consisted of a narrow building of stout wooden frame on stone foundations rising up three stories in a convoluted series of passageways, stairs and doors. Being that you all were the sole guests, save the odd fellow who drank a bit too much every other night, you pretty much had the best rooms of the house; not that that was saying much.

Why Tarvoden had chosen this as the gathering place, only your god possibly could know. But endure you would until Tarvoden arrived with word of your venture; or at least until things got unbearable.

OOC: Use this time before we start officially to get to know each other a little in character. The posting requirement isn't in effect though, so don't feel like you have to.

Last edited:

Grenier

First Post
A young man, clean shaven and loosely dressed sat at a table close to the fire. Some what solemn he stared at his flask of fine liquor.

"Hopefully this won't be the last time I can afford a decent drink."

He then knocks back the little liquor left and slots his flask into his trouser pocket.

"So what's someone like you doin' in a bar like this?"

OOC: Anyone take that speech line above and just start singing your story or what have you, let's get this moving!

Last edited:

M'faro

First Post
Sitting at another table also next to the fireplace, a young man with curly black hair and olive skin, sits staring at a mug of watered ale. He raises his unshaven face and looks the way the question came

"Me? Mmmm... Trying to exorcise some demons through mercenary work or at least drown them in ale... What about you?"

Gulps down the rest of his drink. Cleans his mouth with the sleeve of his shirt and calls:

"Jeddeb! Bring me another!"

Grenier

First Post
"I'm on the run!"

Grenier sprouts a mischievous smile.

"Ha ha, always wanted to say that! Really I've just left a world with nothin' for me and I've come in search of something else, and wouldn't mind earning some chatters along the way if you take my meaning."

"Name is Grenier Elderich before I forget my manners."

Grenier says in a slightly louder tone so that everyone can hear and whilst speaking makes an attempt at a sitting bow (with hand movement and all). He then continues getting acquainted by turning to the next soul that happens to notice him and asks them to sit with him and the ale drinker.

Last edited:

M'faro

First Post
"My name is M'faro and I come from Tenh..."

With a fiery look in his brown eyes and holding his mug till his knuckles got white

"A land that someday, some bloody day, I will return to it..."

Releasing his grip on the mug...

"So, Grenier... where do you come from?"

Poto Knezer

First Post
Manzanita

OOC: I can't seem to log on as Manzanita. It will say "thank you for logging in, Manzanita" but then it won't let me post. Perhaps there is some sort of time lag? Does anyone else have insignt into that?

Manzanita is a beautiful half elf with shoulder length, loosely curled auburn hair, bright green eyes, & smooth tanned skin. She's tall for a half elf, about 5 foot 6 with a muscular build. In the bar room, she carries no weapons, but wears her studded leather armor & carries a flute, which she plays tentatively, as though testing the insturment.

"Greetings, I am Manzanita Sparrow of the Wild Coast. I have come to Furyondy to join the forces of good in their fight against Iuz. I am a scout & musician.

The Tehn was overrun by the Stonefist, was it not? Were you there for the war, M'faro?"

M'faro

First Post
Amazed by the music in her voice and her beauty, M´faro just stares at the half elf a few seconds before answering...

Huh? Well, yes, we were taken off guard... and outnumbered...

Stares into nothingness

They hit us hard and fast... I... we did what we could but.... I... we failed...

Shakes s head as trying to dismisss those memories

Grenier

First Post
"Geoff is from where I hail, my father and brother both died defending it's land. Something in common we have already, we are both from lands that are not ours..."

Grenier's expression of cheerfulness fades. He then remembers himself and extends a hand to the half elven.

"Glad to make your acquaintance fair lady, it'll be a pleasure to travel with such a sweet voice."

Last edited:

Poto Knezer

First Post
"I am sorry for your losses. You have my gratitude for the part you have already played in the battle. Truly, many have suffered in this land. I am committed to combating this scourge of evil which as wreaked so much misery."

"What skills do you gentlemen bring to our unknown endevor? Besides my music & scouting talents, I'm a fair shot with the crossbow & have certain...er...interpersonal skills."

She winks

"In combat, I would do best in a supporting role. I would be happy to take the lead in negotiations, though. Has Tarvoden given you any indication of what he wants us to do?"

Last edited:

Narrator

Banned
Banned
Jeddeb

With a snort and a sniff and a wipe of his nose across his sleeve, Jeddeb puts down the 'cleaning' cloth -actually a dirty rag- and fills a wooden mug full of watery ale. He then sidles over to M'faro, grabs his other mug, and puts his hand out for his common. He takes it without even a nod and silently goes back to whatever it was he was doing with that cloth...

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases