Legacy of the Crystal Shard

Agamon

Adventurer
4 out of 5 rating for Legacy of the Crystal Shard

I don't use a lot of published adventures, but I do like setting info, and I bought this to read while setting up my FR Silver Marches game. I really wish more published adventures were set up like this, good stuff.

Voort

Explorer

Like its predecessor, Murder in Baldur's Gate, LotCS is a setting book and maps with an adventure thrown in. The setting and background materials are great, certainly worth the price. The adventure (which requires you track down an online PDF for the monster stats) is one big reference/rehash of R.A. Salvatore's Crystal Shard, and enjoyment suffers if nobody at your table knows or cares about that story. You can adapt elements of what is written to make something your group will enjoy, just be aware that it will not be quick work.

Chimpy

First Post

A nicely presented, detailed adventure with plenty of options. A bit lacking in specific details such as monster stats, dungeon maps and treasure but this is to expected as it was released as system-generic. Could be updated for full 5e with a little work.Lots of background and story on Icewind Dale and Ten Towns.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter

Fun way to continue the story from over 20 years ago. Easily to use with 5e as I plan to run my group through parts of it.

5 out of 5 rating for Legacy of the Crystal Shard

This was the exception, I really liked the way this was done. I loved the old tie ins and I loved the options it made available for future gaming in the area. played it with the 4th edition rules, though I rarely stray out of Eberron.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases