Grapple Check: [roll1]
Maintain Grapple: [roll2]

Action points
Touch Attack: [roll3]
Grapple Check: [roll4]
Maintain Grapple: [roll5]

gribble

Explorer
Ok, that seems to have worked... good to know for future reference. Sucky rolls though (two ones in a row, which I think means automatic failure... good thing I wasn't able to use this dice roller!)

[MENTION=12430]gribble[/MENTION], for what it's worth, I agree that not taking Combat Martial Arts was a valid rp design decision on your part, particularly since T-dawg is a lover not a fighter. I think the title of the feat is a little misleading, however; it could just as easily be called "Street Brawling" or "Sucker Punch," and grant the same effect without connotating proficiency in martial arts per se. If ever you see a rules mechanic that you'd like to take for your character but the fluff seems to not match your vision, let's talk and see if we can't re-skin the rule to make it work.

One of my pet peeves is having to justify to a third party my design or strategy decisions, so I'm sorry I put you in that position.

gribble

Explorer
Fair enough - I'll keep that in mind, because the constant AoOs will get annoying if nothing else.
:)

Edit: actually, on further investigation, it seems that none of T-dawg's classes (Tough/Thrasher) have Combat MA on the bonus feat list anyway... looks like I'll just have to put up with the AoOs. Kinda makes sense anyway that a trained fighter will be able to get in a free shot as he lunges in an ungainly fashion at them...

Last edited:

I'll be out of town today as of 3 pm and will return Monday evening. I'll have internet access where I'm going but it'll be sporadic. I plan to check in at EN World and will keep the IC moving since we just entered combat rounds (though the pace through Monday may be slower than we'd all prefer).

HERE is a link to the Bat Cave floor plan that is hopefully a little more workable/viewable than what I posted in the IC. I'll update the OP of this thread with either the image or a link to it (or both).

Shayuri

First Post
*drools at the Sanctuary*

What this thing needs is a big omni-directional screen THAT LOWERS DOWN FROM THE CEILING.

Or a holotable! YES! With a giant globe hovering above it, outlined in pastel light!

Someone invent these things so I CAN HAVE THEM.

Heh. Best I can offer you right now is that you get to pick where the stairs to the basement are. They need to be somewhere in the rectangular area that consists of the fellowship hall, kitchen, storage area, and classrooms. Your call.

Shayuri

First Post
There's a small storage closet just to the north of the kitchen with a small thing above it with the word written too small for me to read. That small room could be the stairwell instead of whatever it actually is. Then whatever it actually is could be downstairs instead.

Remove ads