CB's Grim Frequencies AP OOC -- COMPLETE

[MENTION=6763059]Rubberneck[/MENTION], it's the New Year's holiday today through Sunday for many of us, so I imagine posting will be slow. Realistically, if you have your sheet tidied by Monday, that'd be great.

Rubberneck

First Post
CB I sent you a PM with a couple questions. After they're answered would you like me to just edit my previous post or repost a new one?

[MENTION=6763059]Rubberneck[/MENTION], thanks, I've answered your Qs via PM. Once you're satisfied that you've got it, just post your PC in the Rogues' Gallery. There's a link to the RG in the first post of this thread.

ALL: Thanks for waiting for me to update. I'm very nearly caught up after what turned out to be busy Christmas and New Year's weeks. Please look for an update on Wednesday evening (tomorrow).

Forged Fury

First Post
[MENTION=11146]CanadienneBacon[/MENTION]

Alright, so I'm not a lawyer, but Cyril is, so here's his roll to see if he figures the deal is on the up-and-up.

Knowledge: Civics: 1d20+7 14

Now, with that said, Cyril would negotiate for (at least) two things:

1) He still wants a copy of the paperwork, particularly a copy signed by the Judge, sent to a trusted party. He'd naturally like to mail it FedEx or UPS himself since he doesn't trust Garvey.

2) Garvey added the stinger at the end that the team is going to have to work for the Feds for a year. Cyril is going to push for a prorated commutation in case the team is asked to do something insane and decides to quit. Granted, we the players will probably go through it all, but Cyril doesn't know that and wants to make sure he has an exit strategy.

Should I roll Diplomacy for the above in my post? Not sure, so I wanted to check...

Rubberneck

First Post
CB I've gone ahead and posted JR to the RG I'd like (if you have the time) to look it over a second time. When I posted it I forgot that I had an extra feat and skill do to my occupation. Of course between originally making JR and having to revise after my mistakes I've completely lost track of what I was doing.... Now I'm completely confused haha. Not sure if I had accidentally double posted my bonus feat/skill so I erased a copy, but because I listed it twice I don't know if I grabbed the bonus ones or not... oh the joys of ironing out the kinks of a new system :p

Forged Fury

First Post
I went ahead and rolled Diplomacy. How do Action Points work? Because I don't want to stay with a 12 on that roll. Tha's :):):):)ing ridiculous.

My Sense Motive Check is to determine whether Garvey is desperate for us to agree to the deal.

OOC: [roll0]

[MENTION=49627]Forged_Fury[/MENTION], next time please go ahead and put Sense Motive into the IC. Cyril thinks Garvey is not desperate for the group to agree to the deal. Re: action points, you guys should each be starting play with 3 action points. "Action points provide you with the means to affect game play in significant ways. You always have a limited amount of action points, and while you replenish this supply with every new level your character attains, you must use them wisely. You can spend 1 action point to do one of these things: 1) alter a single d20 roll used to make an attack, a skill check, an ability check, a level check, or a saving throw; 2) use a class talent or class feature during your turn for which the expenditure of 1 action point is required.

When you spend 1 action point to improve a d20 roll, you add 1d6 to your d20 roll to help you meet or exceed the target number. You can declare the use of 1 action point to alter a d20 roll after the roll is made--but only before the GM reveals the result of that roll (whether the attack or check or saving throw succeeded or failed). You can't use an action point on a skill check or ability check when you are taking 10 or taking 20.

When you spend 1 action point to use a class feature, you gain the benefit of the feature but you don't roll a d6. In this case, the action point is not a bonus to a d20 roll.

You can only spend 1 action point in a round. If you spend a point to use a class feature, you can't spend another one in the same round to improve a die roll, and vice versa."

Also, the d6 bonus for d20 rolls increases with character level. From 8th through 14th level, the bonus is 2d6. From 15th through 20th level, the bonus is 3d6.

[MENTION=6755061]Kiraya_TiDrekan[/MENTION], you asked in the IC what online dice roller I want you all to use. I do not give a hoot. Use any dice roller you want. Invisible castle used to have a good one, but as best I can tell it's gone to pot and is often unavailable. I like the EN World roller ( the tags are [ roll ] insert xdy+z here [ / roll ]) or orokos.com. Feel free to use any old dice roller you want. As long as people are linking to verifiable results, or are posting their check modifier (e.g., Perception +5) so that I can roll in your stead, I am happy.

Last edited:

Forged Fury said:
Alright, so I'm not a lawyer, but Cyril is, so here's his roll to see if he figures the deal is on the up-and-up.

Knowledge: Civics: 1d20+7 14
Garvey has correctly used a few legal terms with which Cyril is familiar, and her knowledge of criminal procedure satisfies Cyril. It is clear, however, from Garvey's mannerisms that she herself is not an attorney. I missed seeing this roll until recently; help me out, please, and stick these in the IC from now on. Thx.

Also, let me know if you want to spend an action point to re-negotiate with Garvey. Since you posted here with your question about how action points work in advance of my latest IC update, I'll permit you to spend the action point and see if Cyril can weasel anything extra out of Garvey this go-around. Let me know if you want to spend the action point to do so.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases