CB's Grim Frequencies AP OOC -- COMPLETE

I am going someplace this weekend I have never been to. Detroit. I have had Detroit on the brain for the last three years, ever since hearing that the City is broke, houses sit unoccupied in vast swathes, and--in an effort to re-culture the city--it is possible to purchase an entire house for next to nothing or receive it for free if one qualifies to join the burgeoning artist-in-residence community. Sounds like a magical land of intrigue to me. I couldn't convince my spouse to join me, so it's to be a girls weekend. I'm so excited, I had to gloat to someone. And you people are safe. No one at home gives a rat's ass about Detroit. Boo.

So. Yeah. If I never post again, it is because I was shot dead in inner city Detroit. But I probably died with a happy smile on my face, so there you go.

Is it wrong to mock murder? Probably.

[MENTION=12430]gribble[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6763059]Rubberneck[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6755061]Kiraya_TiDrekan[/MENTION]
[MENTION=95059]Forged Fury[/MENTION]
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]

We are going to move the meter back toward activity in Grim Frequencies. The current plan for everyone to make for the firing range in Greenfield, Indiana, is still in place. As stated in the IC, I plan to begin introducing both monsters and magic. The new module I plan to run is for a party of 7th level characters. I think ya'll can handle it because 1) most of you min-maxed your characters at character creation; and 2) all of you are very good at strategizing during encounters. It's true, however, that not all of the characters are combat-oriented.

As you may recall, everyone was bumped to 3rd level sometime this spring. To account for the level discrepancy between what I want to run (7th level), and your characters' current level (3rd level), I want everyone to bump their characters to 5th level. I'm giving you firearm proficiency for free, but if you want a specialty in a particular firearm or some other weapon, you'll need to account for it when you level up.

If you want your character to be a spellcaster, go for it. What we'll do is introduce spellcasting in-game on a gradual basis. Your character will discover his or her innate spellcasting ability over a period of time. Please remember that none of you has any idea that either monsters or magic are things that exist in reality. I hope when you encounter them during play, you will roleplay appropriately (be surprised, shocked, scared, amused, disbelief, whatever you think is appropriate for your character and for the circumstances).

There are bound to be a number of questions about the level-up. Please ask them here. I'm at the park for XC practice this evening but will do my best over the course of the weekend to timely respond to your questions. I hope everyone will be leveled up and ready to go by Monday. If that is not possible, I understand, and we'll all do our best to accommodate one another's schedules.

gribble

Explorer
Yeah, apologies for being slack. Real life has gotten in the way recently and I've not even been able to catch up on reading the posts, let alone contribute.

That being said, I'll make an effort to catch up/level up over the weekend and be ready to go next week. Looking forward to getting back into it!

Forged Fury

First Post
Looking at the EnWorld D20 Modern SRD, there are a lot of potential options there. What exactly is available now?

FX Basics (Magic and Psionics)?
Urban Arcana?

No psionics. Nothing I want to run is equipped for psionics.

I'm ok with Urban Arcana as long as it's on the d20 Modern SRD. I want to be able to make adjudications without needing to purchase additional resources.

If you draw on a something from the SRD that isn't in the hardcover, make sure you include a full description of its mechanics on your character sheet in the RG.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
I'm thinking of possibly taking a few levels of Shadow Slayer (in addition to the original plan to go Martial Artist). Could the Slayer Weapon feature (gained at 4th level) be applied to unarmed attacks?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases