BASICS
Name: Colden Moor
LN Human (Illuskan) Fighter 1
Background: Criminal (Hired Killer)
Hit Points: 13 (1d10 Hit Dice)
AC: 18 (Chain mail + Shield)
Experience: 0

CHARACTERIZATION
Traits: I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me. I am incredibly slow to trust. Those who seem the fairest often have the most to hide.
Ideal: Honor. I don’t steal from others in the trade. (Lawful).
Bond: I’m guilty of a terrible crime. I hope I can redeem myself for it.
Flaw: I have a “tell” that reveals when I’m lying.

ATTRIBUTES
STR 16 (+3)
DEX 13 (+1)
CON 16 (+3)
INT 10 (+0)
WIS 12 (+1)
CHA 10 (+0)

PROFICIENCY
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Armor: All armour and shields
Weapons: All simple and Martial
Tools: Thieves Tools, Dice
Languages: Common, Goblin
Saving Throws: Strength & Constitution
Skills: Deception, Stealth, Athletics, Insight

COMBAT STATS
Initiative: +1
Melee attack: +5
Melee damage: +3 (+5 from dueling)
Thrown attack: +5
Thrown damage: +3 (+5 from dueling)
Ranged attack: +1
Ranged damage: +1

RACE
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet

CLASS
Fighting Style: Dueling
Second Wind

EQUIPMENT
Warhammer
Chain Mail
2 Handaxes
Shield
2 Daggers
Heavy Xbow + 20 bolts
Gaming set - Dice
Bedroll
2 sacks
Dungeoneer’s Pack: Includes a backpack, a crowbar, a hammer, 10 pitons, 10 torches, a tinderbox, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.
Belt Pouch Containing 10 gp 5 sp, 50 cp

BACKGROUND
From Waterdeep, Colden spent many of his early years living on the streets making his way with strength, the ability to outlast his opponents and an iron code. He killed his first man at 14 for a gold laden purse and discovered the ability to kill without remorse was a quality others would pay for. He received training to improve his skills as a killer. After three years as a hired killer he refused to kill a mark and was encouraged to leave Waterdeep to prevent any retaliation.

His travels have led him to Luskan where he hopes to ply a more honest trade.

Pale and fair like most of his race, Colden stands just over 6 feet tall with a heavy-set frame. His blond hair is cropped close and his beard is closely trimmed but not styled. A small scar runs down his left cheek.

Last edited:

Rabbage

First Post
Finished Application!

[Sblock=Meriene "Guide" Amascient]
Basic Goodies
Name: Meriene "Guide" Amascient
NG Female Wood Elf Cleric 1
Background: Folk Hero (Overthrew Laws)
Hit Points: 10 (1d8)
AC: 16/18 (Chainmail/With Shield)
Experience: 0

Personality Goodies
Trait 1: I misuse long words in an attempt to sound smarter.
Trait 2: I judge people by their actions, not their words.
Ideal: There is no good in pretending to be something I'm not.
Bond: I have a family, but I have no idea where they are.
Flaw: The tyrant who rules my land will stop at nothing to see me killed.

Attributes
STR 14 +2 (7 pts)
DEX 10 +0 (0 pts, +2 racial)
CON 14 +2 (7 pts)
INT 10 +0 (2 pts)
WIS 16 +3 (9 pts, +1 racial)
CHA 10 +0 (2 pts)

Proficiency
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Armor: Light, Medium, Heavy, Shields
Weapons: Simple, Longsword, Shortsword, Longbow, Shortbow, Martial
Tools: Smith's Tools, Vehicle (Land)
Languages: Elvish, Common
Saving Throws: Wisdom, Charisma
Skills: Religion, Medicine, Handle Animal, Survival, Perception

Race
Size: Medium
Speed: 35' (Racial +5', Armor Str Req Met)
Darkvision: 60' Dim is bright, Dark becomes dim
Keen Senses: Proficiency in Perception
Fey Ancestry: Advantage vs Charm Effects, Immunity to sleep from magic effects
Trance: Only require 4 hrs of sleep a day
Elf Weapon Proficiency: Longsword, Shortsword, Longbow, Shortbow
Fleet of Feet: 35' Base land Speed
Mask of the Wild: Attempt to hide during natural events with weather phenomenon

Class
War Domain Proficiency: Proficient with Martial weapons and Heavy Armor
War Priest: From 1st level, your god delivers bolts of inspiration to
you while you are engaged in battle. When you use the
Attack action, you can make one weapon attack as a bonus action.
You can use this feature a number of times equal to
your Wisdom modifier (a minimum of once). You regain
all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Attacks
+4 Melee
+2 Range

Spells
Spell Attack Mod: +5
Spell Save DC: 13
Spell Slots: 2 1st Level
Cantrips: Guidance, Sacred Flame, Thaumaturgy
Prepared Spells: Shield of Faith*, Divine Favor*#, Cure Wounds, Sanctuary, Healing Word, Guiding Bolt
Available Slots: 2
*= Domain Spell
#= PHB Spell

[sblock=PHB Spells]
Divine Favor
1st-level evocation
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Range: Self
Components: V, S
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
Your prayer empowers you with divine radiance. Until
the spell ends, your weapon attacks deal an extra 1d4
radiant damage on a hit.
[/sblock]

Equipment

Chain Mail 75g
Shield 10g
Longsword 15g
Mace 5g
Javelin (3) 1.5g
Dungeoneer's Pack 12g
Bedroll 1g
Blanket .5
Caltrops (3) 3g
Healer's Kit 5gp
Potion of Healing 50gp
Common Clothes .5
Sealing Wax .5
Ball Bearings (2) 2g
Manacles 2g
Oil (5) .5
Lantern, Hooded 5g
Belt Pouch (2) 1g

Total 189.5

Leftover 10g 5s

Description
Meriene is tall for an elven woman, standing a few inches over six feet, and her frame is more filled out than lithe. She looks to have done a fair amount of hard labor during her life, building muscles you wouldn't expect elves to use. She wears a set of chainmail which has obviously seen better days but it still holds up. On her belt there is a longsword, of elvish descent and kept in very good condition, and a holy symbol, also of elvish descent in much rougher condition. Her hair is a pale white blondeish color, and the skin she does reveal is just as pale as her hair. Meriene never reveals her face, instead wearing a ivory colored mask made of Alabaster. It marks her as a traitor to the throne in her home of Auckney. But through that mask pierce sky blue eyes with such fire, one should be afraid to ask what fuels them.

Background
Meriene used to be one of the most beautiful women in her town of Auckney. She had left her home in an elven community and settled down with her husban, Geoffrey. Within their first year of marriage they had a daughter, Emile, who was the light of both of their lives. She did clerical work, taking care of villagers and providing healing for the community. She was friends with the whole town. This was the highlight of Meriene's 200 years of life. They lived happily for many years until the nobility made some changes in hierarchy.

The new King decided to start an increased tax rate. Something most families were struggling to meet. Another year passed and the bellies of the nobles grew fatter as the waists of the poor started to be unable to hold up their pants. This continued over many years, until most families were either starving to death or unable to pay. The King emerged from his castle of gold to address the people, threatening to start taking children if dues were not paid. Something Meriene could not stand for.

Over the next couple minutes, life gets hazy, but from accounts of the event a rage took over Meriene. She charged forth wielding the power of her god to light the king ablaze, she jumped atop him and kept punching, kicking, biting. It was a gruesome attack, leaving her face as scarred from the fire as the body of the king. She was dragged off and placed in irons. She spent many weeks in a dungeon, not knowing the outcome of what she had done. When she was finally brought to light, it was for her execution. The peasants watching, did not sit idly for this however. They started rioting. The acting ruler grew afraid. And in an attempt to make peace with all, he offered to exile Meriene instead of executing her. He placed an Alabaster Mask in her hands, warning if she should ever come back to this village, her family would be the first to die and at her eyes, but if she left now they would be protected. Downtrodden but greatful for her life and her families safety. She left, gathering a few possessions and saying her goodbyes.

The next few years were tough. She forsook Torm for letting everything go so poorly for her and her family, and took on mercenary work. She traveled far and wide. Slowly understanding why she had been put through such a terrible predicament. It took her a long time to call back on her god, and only after seeing many other friends fall at the hands of foes.

Her most recent mercenary job has brought her to Luskan, looking for more work. She stops in at a temple to make the proper appeasements, and ask for forgiveness in the eyes of the Torm. After praying and making offerings for awhile, she sets forth for the nearest inn, stumbling upon a sign reading "The Cutlass." She opens the door just in time to notice a Help Wanted ad.

[/Sblock]

Finished!

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
[MENTION=6787159]Skarsgard[/MENTION] How married are you to the LE alignment? The setup thread specified Non-Evil. Personally, I think you could get away with a LN or N former assassin. Maybe he has already done a lot of soul searching before the game started? He's still an efficient killer, but is looking for a different life now.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
CanadienneBacon: How many party members would be good for this adventure?
So far, proposed characters are a dwarf, an halfling, a human, and an elf; and among them are a wizard, a rogue, a fighter, and a cleric. That seems to cover all bases.

I've been working on a Hill Dwarf Thief for this adventure for days, but I keep getting the guy wrong because I've been looking at stuff from the PHB. I have to keep reminding myself to stick to the Basic ver.-0.2 PDF, and that causes revisions.

Skarsgard

Explorer
[MENTION=6787159]Skarsgard[/MENTION] How married are you to the LE alignment? The setup thread specified Non-Evil. Personally, I think you could get away with a LN or N former assassin. Maybe he has already done a lot of soul searching before the game started? He's still an efficient killer, but is looking for a different life now.

Good pickup mate. I will change to LN, thanks mate.

tuxgeo said:
How many party members would be good for this adventure?

I've been working on a Hill Dwarf Thief for this adventure for days, but I keep getting the guy wrong because I've been looking at stuff from the PHB. I have to keep reminding myself to stick to the Basic ver.-0.2 PDF, and that causes revisions.

I think somewhere between 4 to 6 players.

I confess a preference to keep it simple by confining ourselves to the basic rules .pdf, but as I told Shayuri, it's ok with me if players rely on the 5e PHB. Just make sure you and I have an email conversation about what rules mechanics from the PHB you wish to use. I don't want to be in the position of having to DM something I don't understand.

Remove ads