D&D 5E CB's Stonefast IC -- COMPLETE

Forged Fury

First Post
Without a word for the departing halfing, Fulgrim used the spiked portion of the head of his warhammer to pry apart the plates of the armored exoskeleton that once protected the dead beetle at his feet. Now that's certainly interesting... the dwarf thought as he inspected the creature's general anatomy and viscera.

[roll0]

Lucky you were here, not sure I was able to handle the trio alone.
Roscoe says to no one in particular.
He wipes his sword from the gore and push the dead corpse of the beetle to the side, allowing the others to pass.

Right behind the first Giant Beetle is an open doorway leading to a small room. Roscoe had been resting in this room.

Fulgrim examines the viscera of the beetle. He thinks the innards might be useful in brewing poison antidote. The beetle eyes, if they would be prized out and stored, would probably fetch five gold coins at market.

The north-south corridor is 15' long and sports a pair of doors halfway down its length. One door on the west and one exactly across from it, on the east wall. From the look of it, the corridor terminates just beyond Beetles 2 and 3, with options to explore to both the west and east. Plus, there is definitely a narrower corridor a bit further south.

Forged Fury

First Post
Very interesting indeed, Fulgrim thinks as he moves one of the dead beetle's organs to the left with the spike of his warhammer. I really should have brought some specimen containers with me. Perhaps something suitable will come up in our investigation.

Engrossed in his work, he almost misses the rest of the party moving onward. As soon as they stop to rest, Fulgrim plans to make note of his assumptions about the anatomy of the beetles for future reference.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
With the party gathered near the door in the middle of the east side of the 15-foot long hallway, Guran reaches toward the door to check it for traps.

[OOC: Does Guran know how to do that in-game? I don't know how to roleplay that. I looked up the subject of Intelligence (Investigation) checks under "Ability Checks" in PHB Chapter 7 and it didn't seem to involve that. If a roll is needed, please roll for me.]

Guran squints at the door on the east wall of the north-south corridor. He checks for a trap, but finds none. Neither is the door locked.
[sblock=OOC]PHB 178, "Finding a Hidden Object" (such as a secret door or a trap) is a Wisdom (Perception) check.[/sblock]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Finding the door unlocked, Guran breathes to the others, "Ready, then?"
He opens the door and lets the light of his torch shine inside.

The door swings open silently, revealing a larger room than any previously encountered within Stonefast. The room is unlit, but Guran sees that the room extends 25' to the east and runs 15' the other way. A rectangle. All along the northern, western, and southern walls of this room are the remains of vendor stands. They have all been either smashed or have succumbed to the ravages of time. There is random rubble and refuse scattered about the floor. Like the antechambers, mud coats the floor, ruined stalls, and lower third of the walls in this room. There are six empty torch sconces on the walls of the room: two each on the north and south walls, and one each on the west and east walls.

There is a closed door in the southeastern corner of the room, on the southern wall.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases