Revised Core Books or Revision Book?

Core Rules Revision or Errata & Revision Book?

• Revise the Core Rule Books.

Votes: 63 90.0%
  • Not revise the core rules, publish a book of errata and changes instead.

Votes: 7 10.0%

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Some people insist that INSTEAD of reprinting the core rules with the errata and revisions in them, WotC should be reprinting the core rules exactly as-is, including all errors, mistakes, inconsistancies and material to be changed in the revision, and then include a FOURTH core rules book, a book of errata.

IN MY OPINION,

This would be, by necessity, a book with ALL the monsters from the Monster Manual in it (since they are including new information in every statblock, and in every monster entry), at LEAST four character classes (the "tweener" classes), all the new prestige classes fromt he splatbooks that they are porting over, all the errata, revised spells and new spells, new feats, etc.

IN YOUR OPINION,

Which do you think would be the 'proper' choice for WotC at this point? It is a given that the 3rd edition revision is going to happen and will be released this summer, that is not up for debate. In your opinion, should they reprint the core rules as-is and also publish an errata book, or should they add the errata and changes directly to the Core Rules (as they are going to do)?

Fenes 2

First Post
I would really, really hate having to first check the PHB for a rule, and then the revision book to check if the PHB has been changed

Sagan Darkside

First Post
Fenes 2 said:
I would really, really hate having to first check the PHB for a rule, and then the revision book to check if the PHB has been changed

Agreed- and I have enough books on the table during play. I don't one more to add to the list.

SD

Ashwyn

First Post
Fenes 2 said:
On the other hand, it's the difference between buying one more book, or three more books. If you don't just use the SRD.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
You mean they aren't producing both?

I thought they were. The "book of revisions" being that created from the revised SRD, and available free. :)

(If Wizards don't create a "book of revisions", I bet someone else will!)

Cheers!

HellHound

Shush Merric!

I'm just testing the waters to see if "REVISIONS TO THIRD EDITION" will be a useful enough book to publish as a d20 publisher.

HellHound

The results show it too. Although I'm actually surprised that the Errata book result has climbed to nearly 10%, when the first 34 results were unanimously in favor of the revised core books.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases