Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Blessed Are the Cheesemakers

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, human slayer

Ru puzzles over the story.

"Goblins and trolls are certainly stinky enough that I wouldn't be surprised they'd love that sort of cheese," Ru quips, then shakes his head. "But I can't imagine they like it enough to decimate a dairy and drag off the cheesemaker."

He skewers Alvise with a look and a disarming smile as he asks, "Now, I'm sure any friend of Lightfoot--" here he indicates Samad--"wouldn't get himself mixed up in anything unseemly, but you'd not be the first person I've met who had mischief going on under his nose and didn't realize it.

"I imagine being stuck in that cellar would give a body a lot of time to reflect on events, so anything you remember, not just from the attack, but from your time working here, that speaks to something other than cheesemaking going on might be helpful. Were there, say, odd hours of delivery? Were you allowed to load your own cart, or did anyone insist on being in charge of that kind of thing? Maybe someone who never used to help suddenly started. Anything that ... stood out from the ordinary, I suppose.

"And names. If you can remember any names that were bandied about regularly, especially names folks tended to whisper or say with any particular reverence. I can't imagine goblins and an troll-like-something just randomly decided they needed blue-veined fourme d'ambert to bolster their breath. Chances are they had someone incent them."

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 21 (Touch 16, Flatfooted 17)
HP: 62/62

Initiative: +4
Perception: +9 (+11 Studied Target(s), +12 Traps)
Sense Motive: +5 (+7 Studied Target(s))
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +8 Reflex: +10 Will: +4
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects, +3 Ref vs. traps)

Wakizashi +1: +11/+6, 1d6+1
Wakizashi (TWF): +9/+8/+4/+3, 1d6+1/1d6
Light Mace: +10/+5, 1d6
Light Mace (TWF): +8/+8/+3/+3, 1d6/1d6
Longbow: +10/+5, 1d8
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Studied Target (move action or with sneak attack success, up to 2 targets), -2/+4 Power Attack

Conditions: Ioun Torch, Studied Target (Alvise)

In Hand: Longbow
CLW Wand charges: 35/35 remaining
[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
Tsaaruk looks at the feather with a puzzled look. "Harpy feather. Only thing smells worse than the cheese below. Why would a harpy or at least its feather be found here?" He looks toward Pirvinia "Might need your magic net to bring em to ground like the flyer before." he walks to the door and looks out and up. Then watches the interrogation of the man from under the cheese.

[sblock=mini stats]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 19 fatigued 20 (with shield/ Flat:19, Touch: 12)
HP: 71/80
CMB: +11 fatigued +12 / CMD: 24 Fort: +8 / Ref: +3 / Will: +3
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & +1 shocking Warhammer
Rage: 12/14
Renewed Vigor: 1/1
Lesser Elemental Blood: 2/3

CLW wand 48/50

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Alvise turns green -- well, greener -- when Ru mentions fourme d'ambert. "Oh, gods ... if I never smell that rancid stuff ever again. There's shelves of it down there. Shelves of it." For a moment he seems perilously close to vomiting, but manages to compose himself.

He thinks back to his time working, and shakes his head. "No ... no late nights, no unusual shipments. The Weathersmiths were good people. And so were the others, and they'd been here for years. They all liked the craft of cheesemaking, and the quiet life out here at the dairy." He shrugs apologetically. "Truth be told, it was too quiet for me, and I was kind of thinking of moving on soon. It's hard work and early mornings. And they'd only have these teeny little glasses of wine with dinner. Made a body long for a proper roadhouse and a few pints of ale."

The half-elf nods at the feather. "Oh yeah, the harpies. I seen one or two of them hanging around once in a while, but they never hurt anything. Anyway, they're just mindless beasts."

[sblock=OOC]Anyone with K:Nature should realize that Alvise is very wrong about harpies being unintelligent.[/sblock]

Alvise_150.jpg

... Alvise Biaggio ...\

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia4_zpsd6ee1686.jpg
Penelope_zps114a8462.jpg

Pirvinia listened as the half-elf Alvise continued to chatter on in his tale. It was becoming clear that the man had been through an ordeal, but he also did not know much about what happened. She could not blame him, because if he had been in position to know more and see what happened, he could very well have been killed instead. There cold have been goblins, but there were other creatures that also used the tongue. The information about a troll could very well been an ogre instead. In any case, the only proof would be seeing the miscreants or learning something from their tracks.

On learning of harpies, the sorceress nodded, “Oh aye, Tsaaruk. And if there are a flock of them, a fireball in their midst would be good too I imagine. Hard to fly with feathers burned off.”

“Thank you for your story, master Biaggio. We intend to pursue these raiders and try rescuing the Weathersmiths. What are you going to do?”

Pirvinia took back her waterskin to return it to her saddlebags. She asked her companions, “Are you all able to follow the tracks or learn something from them?”

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +6 (8 with Mazi)
AC: 14 (18 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 12)-> 18 with Mage Armor
HP:
38 Current: 31
CMD: 14, Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +6 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand: Alchemical Flask
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 7/9, 2nd Level: 5/5, 3rd Level 3/4

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision, darkvision; Perception: +14
AC: 19 (Touch 16, flat-footed 17) -> 23 with Mage Armor
HP:
19 Current: 19
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +7
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor
Weapon in Hand: Bite [Att: +9, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)]

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Whatever it is the goblins wanted, I hope it takes some time." He observes. "In any case, Master Biaggio, you are wrong about harpies. They are intelligent, and can be cunning."

"Meaning no disrespect, but I think I'll take a look at those tracks myself," he adds, nodding politely to Ru.

He strides outside and examines the footprints, but learns nothing the group did not already know..

[sblock=ooc]
Survival skill roll:
1d20+6=9
[/sblock]

[sblock=Iago stat block]
Iago
Initiative: +2
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 50 Current: 50
CMB: +6 CMD: 19
Fort: +7 Reflex: +8 Will: +2;
PER Roll: +9/+11 (bonus for searching for objects or judging spoiled food)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Extracts prepared:
Level 1:
Shield
Shield
Identify
Expeditious Retreat
Enlarge Person

Level 2:
Alchemical Allocation
Bull's Strength
Protection from Arrows
*unassigned*

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ssed-Are-the-Cheesemakers/page2#ixzz3Nlp7czQh

Mutagen prepared:
Strength: +2 Natural Armor Bonus, +4 STR, -2 INT

Weapons:
+1 Falchion: Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(2) + Misc(0) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d4+4, S, Crit: 18-20/x2

Bomb: Attack: +8* = [BAB(4) + DEX(3) + Misc(1**) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 3d6+6*, Fire, Crit: 20/x2 (only 1d6 multiplied); Rng: 20'
Special: Make 9 bombs/day
Bomb Save: DC 16 (10 +1/2 Alch lvl + INT mod)

MW Composite Longbow:
Attack: +8* = [BAB(4) + DEX(3) + Misc(+1, MW) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+2*, B, Crit: 20/x3, Rng: 110; Ammo: 20

*+1 to-hit, +1 dmg w/in 30’

Expended: 1 bomb, 2 arrows, 1 acid flask
[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
Tsaaruk likes Pirvinia's statement on dealing with harpies. He vividly imagines a group of Harpies on fire falling from the sky to the ground with a loud thud. This brings a smile to his face. "Yes, I do believe a ball of fire would work well. Now to find where the weathersmiths have gone to."

[sblock=mini stats]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 19 fatigued 20 (with shield/ Flat:19, Touch: 12)
HP: 71/80
CMB: +11 fatigued +12 / CMD: 24 Fort: +8 / Ref: +3 / Will: +3
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & +1 shocking Warhammer
Rage: 12/14
Renewed Vigor: 1/1
Lesser Elemental Blood: 2/3

CLW wand 48/50

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, human slayer

"Well, I suppose Dame Forenicci will be glad enough of that," Ru says drily as Alvise mentions the cheese below. He lets Pirvinia handle the man, as he has no further questions for him at the moment.

"No skin off my nose, Slim," Ru says as Iago goes to search. "I've got some basic skills, but I'm much better at sneaking than tracking, I'm afraid."

"Not having been trapped with it for days, I would like to take a peek at the cheeses, though. See what all the fuss in Venza's about..." As Iago is looking for better signs of a trail, Ru makes his way into the cheese cellar. He immediately regrets the decision, as all he can seem to notice is the smell.

[sblock=ooc]Looks like it's an hour wait to retry on Survival for tracks, so might as well clear the rest of the buildings. After he found all those hidden passages at the last farm, Ru wants to double check that Alvise didn't miss anything in the cellar, secret door or clue-wise. Of course, then I roll a nat 1:

Perception (add 3 vs traps). (1d20+9=10)

Oh, well. Was worth a shot.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike

Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Studied Target (move action or with sneak attack success, up to 2 targets), -2/+4 Power Attack

In Hand: Longbow
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
A second look at the tracks doesn't reveal much. There are multiple sets of smaller footprints and one set of large footprints. Occasionally, there's a man-sized footprint as well, or a place where a pair of man-sized feet were dragged, but they're mostly lost in the tracks of the goblin horde and obscured by almost a week's worth of weather. Still, the trail is fairly easy to follow: a large humanoid and a few dozen goblins leave quite a mark, especially coming and going down the same path.

A thorough search of the houses reveals little. The goblins sacked the entire farm. Everything of value has been taken or destroyed, and everything else has simply been destroyed. The cellar likewise has little to recommend it, and doesn't seem to have any traps or secret passages. The cheeses are eye-watering, making the entire search process incredibly unpleasant.

Alvise salvages a few linens to wrap the bodies in, and gets them stashed in a small stone outbuilding that serves as cool storage. Afterwards, he moves a nondescript rock and digs up a small pouch of coins. "It's my pay for the last few weeks," he explains, somewhat defensively. "Earned it fair and square, but I think I'm done with the cheesemaking business. I'm going to walk out to the main road and catch a ride to the village, and I'll make sure that someone comes out to take care of the bodies."

He looks at the goblin tracks heading northeast. "Mountains that way. Eventually, anyway. Maybe a day's ride or so. My gram always said that's where the monsters live."

[sblock=OOC]Any K:Local or K:Geography skill (or travel experience), and you know that what what Alvise and other Venzans think of as a 'mountain' is really more like a big hill. This close to the coast, nothing is more than eight hundred or a thousand feet about sea level. K:Local or K:Geography skill checks might provide a bit more information.[/sblock]

Alvise_150.jpg

... Alvise Biaggio ...

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Pirvinia4_zpsd6ee1686.jpg
Penelope_zps114a8462.jpg

Pirvinia nodded at the half-elf’s intentions as she prepared to mount her horse again.

“Take care of yourself, Alvise. Please stop at the Depot and let them know what happened here and that we are intending to follow the trail and rescue the Weathersmiths. They can send word back to Venza as well.”

The sorceress pulled herself into her saddle once more as she anticipated they would be ready to follow the trail to the foothills and the alleged monster country.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +6 (8 with Mazi)
AC: 14 (18 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 12)-> 18 with Mage Armor
HP:
38 Current: 31
CMD: 14, Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +6 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand: Alchemical Flask
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 7/9, 2nd Level: 5/5, 3rd Level 3/4

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision, darkvision; Perception: +14
AC: 19 (Touch 16, flat-footed 17) -> 23 with Mage Armor
HP:
19 Current: 19
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +7
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor
Weapon in Hand: Bite [Att: +9, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)]

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, human slayer

"Oh, there are monsters everywhere if you're looking for them," Ru says drily. He gives Alvise a wink, though, and nods his thanks.

"Keep yourself safe," he offers. His natural ease falls away a bit as he returns to his horse. Ru squares his shoulders, cracks his neck, then hoists himself back into the saddle. He pats the equine on the neck in thanks when it decides not to buck.

"All right. Let's see if we can't find our missing boys," he says.

[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike

In Hand: Wakizashi x1
[/sblock]

Remove ads