D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

MPMB,
VERY cool to see both the latest UA material being added and seeing this sheet backfilled with older UA goodness. Something occurred to me during my game session last night and I'm wondering whether or not it would make for a worthwhile addition to the sheet. I'm playing a Barbarian who just took Aspect Of The Bear, and as such I'm not just the "muscle" of the party, I'm basically the pack mule(although we just found a cart and our Artificer just finished his mechanical Giant Boar, so who knows). As such, I've been paying closer attention to the "party loot" pile. We play on Roll20, and the DM created an extra character sheet called "Group Loot" were we could add all the party's coin & items to the Inventory section. It tracks the weight of everything nicely, like your sheet does, but the Roll20 sheet also adds up the total value of the coinage, so we can see the total value of our coin expressed in gp units. I know on your sheet there's an extra section to list inventory, but how viable would it be to have a separate inventory section that also allowed the listing of coin? I suppose it wouldn't take too much finagling to use that 2nd Inventory section, but would it be a waste of resources to perhaps have one of the "Extra" pages selectable in the Layout menu be a dedicated Party Inventory page, which could be printed separately and thus more easily passed among the players? And possibly include an option to specify whether the weight gets applied to the player's load, or handled via some other method like a cart or a Bag Of Holding? And separate from that, how feasible would it be to have a box by the main inventory(and theoretically on a Party Loot page) that normalizes the value of all the listed coinage, perhaps chipping a way a small part of the space set aside for listing gems. Yes, the conversion math isn't very difficult, but when your trove contains several thousand copper, a few thousand silver, a decent amount of gold AND some platinum, having a box that tells you what it's all worth combined is awfully convenient.

Feel free to tell me I'm being ridiculous, but these things just came to me during my game last night, figured I'd mention them just in case. Thanks for all your continued hard work maintaining and enhancing this sheet, it makes rolling and leveling characters SO much easier!
Thank you for your suggestion. More people have mentioned they would like a dedicated 'loot' page. It is something that I have on my list of 'major features' that I still want to make. My idea is that I'll put it to a vote on my Patreon for what would be the next major addition to the sheet. There is some tough competition with automation support for magic items, a summary sheet for the DM, selection dialogue for skills, and more...

I personally don't like a normalized box for 'total value' of coins. I tried that before, way back before I had even put the sheet online, but people were quickly dismayed by the fact that it only counted coins and not the value of other treasure like gems. Making something like that would definitely be feasible for the separate loot page, where there would be enough room to have a separate section for 'treasure' that has a special 'value' column. I just don't think I would want to put it in the second page's equipment section (again).

wilcoxon

Explorer
Being able to turn off the Background and the Additional Sheets would be nice.

If you don't want the background then download the "printer friendly" version. It is the only one I use personally so I can't say if there's a way to turn off the background in the other version.

There already is a way to turn off most of the pages. It's under Layout/Visible Pages on the JavaScript bar.

Astromath

First Post
Version: Latest
Style: Printer Friendly
Class: Druid
Page: Wild Shapes
Problem: Adding a wild shapes page after the first causes the sheet to hang up

Being able to turn off the Background and the Additional Sheets would be nice.
Wilcoxon basically said all I have to say on this matter (see below).
All pages, except the first two, can be hidden. To do this, use the "Layout" button in the 'JavaScript Window', the "Navigation" bookmark, or the "Set Pages Layout" bookmark.

If you don't want the background then download the "printer friendly" version. It is the only one I use personally so I can't say if there's a way to turn off the background in the other version.

There already is a way to turn off most of the pages. It's under Layout/Visible Pages on the JavaScript bar.

Are there any plans to do a German translation of the sheet? If so I would like to help with it, at least for the content of the PHB.
It would be great if you want to help with the translations! Currently, the sheet is not at all set up for handling translated versions. I plan to make a language-independent sheet once (if) my Patreon hits $1000 a month. For now there are no solid plans for doing any translations, but you can already transcribe all German PHB material to a format that the sheet can use: https://github.com/morepurplemorebe...d-Sheet/tree/master/additional content syntax

Version: Latest
Style: Printer Friendly
Class: Druid
Page: Wild Shapes
Problem: Adding a wild shapes page after the first causes the sheet to hang up
Thank you for reporting yet another issue. However, this time I'm not able to recreate this. Can you walk me through the steps you take to have the sheet hang?

Please note that extra Wild Shape pages can take a long time to generate. This is because the sheet makes a duplicate of the first Wild Shape page and then deletes all of its content. How much stuff you have on that first Wild Shape page really determines how long it takes.

However, the bug you found could also be related to the creatures that you have on this first Wild Shape page, as the sheet is throwing an error while trying to remove them.

Astromath

First Post
I didn't know that it would take a long time. I just tried adding a blank page to a blank page and it appeared within seconds.

Then, my suggestion is to add a mouse over, note, or whatever that adding a blank page takes a long time if any of the wild shapes are filled in. In other words, something similar to the long time warning for the spells.

v12.98 - Feats for Races, Revised Subclasses, Updated Inventory Functions, bug fixes

From the big amount of responses, it was again clear that v12.97 had a bunch of bugs that had to be dealt with. So here is v12.98 that tries to remedy the problems.

Beside the bugfixes, v12.98 also brings the latest Unearthed Arcana material and I re-worked all the inventory functions.

Unfortunately, these files still cause Avast Antivirus to give a false virus warning. I have contacted Avast about this issue and it will probably be a couple of weeks before it is remedied. So please be patient and know that it is out of my hands.

[H6]Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.98 (2 May 2017):[/H6]
  • NEW CONTENT: the 23 racial feats from Unearthed Arcana: Feats for Races;
  • NEW CONTENT: the 5 updated subclasses from Unearthed Arcana: Revised Subclasses (note that including a newer source always overrides the older sources);
  • NEW FEATURE: weapons are now also recognized by their Wuxia names, DMG page 41 (as suggested by Tove L. A.);
  • UPDATED FEATURE: re-worked the functions for moving and adding stuff to the gear sections to make them ‘smarter’, faster, and stop them from being a pain-in-the-ass with adding stuff to the wrong stuff;
  • NEW FEATURE: gear/tools can now be set per individual line in the equipment section;
  • The sheet now also recognizes things regardless of diacritic marks on letter. Thus, if you enter "lóngswôrd", it will still be detected as a longsword, thus improving the support for Wuxia names for weapons when they are written with diacritic marks;
  • Addition of “Holy Water” as one of the weapon options;
  • Addition of bit and bridle, saddles, and saddlebags to gear options;
  • Corrected the Feats for Skills so that they are listed in the skills tooltip;
  • Added support for the ‘action’ attribute of feat objects;
  • Added the publishing dates to the names of Unearthed Arcana sources;
  • Fixed the class selection dialogue not being shown correctly on Mac (thanks Jeff, jsagg27, and erickrause for reporting this and their help with fixing this);
  • Fixed a bug that hung the progression bar at "Finalizing the changes of the class(es)...";
  • Fixed a bug that asked the user twice whether or not to update the spell sheet;
  • Fixed an issue with opening the sheet for the first time and clicking in the class field or on the Class button/bookmark before the welcome dialogue had displayed;
  • Fixed some typos;
  • Minor fixes for the reset function;
  • Fix for the Sentinel Raven feature of the Warlock (Raven Queen) adding Charisma modifier to passive perception twice (thanks Ryan S. for reporting);
  • Fixed an issue with the Spell Selection not working with certain feats (thanks Ola K. & Frank G. for reporting).

Links: MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Colorful A4/Letter        MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Printer Friendly Redesign

Looking for the original Printer Friendly version with the artwork of the Wizards of the Coast official character sheet (Click here for the preview)?.

Become a patron on Patreon, and you will get the Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets per Class, and Adventure Logsheet with the WotC design!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases