D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

TreChriron

Adventurer
Supporter
1) love the sheet! What a gorgeous and useful contribution. Thanks for making it!

2) What are the little boxes with the black up and red down arrows for?

@Liane the Wayfarer: That is something strange indeed. I am unable to reproduce it, but it seems as though the javascript is interpreting the 'd' in '2d6' as the exponential indicator, thus making it look like a 2 with 6 zeroes (i.e. 2 x 10^6) . Similarly, you are seeing a 1 with 10 zeroes for the halberd (i.e. 1 x 10^10) and a 1 with 8 zeroes for the light crossbow (i.e. 1 x 10^8) .

This is something to do with the language of the PDF or operating system you have running, combined with the version of both.

I think I have a solution, could you try this character sheet and see if it still happens?

If that file doesn't work any better, could you tell me what software you are using to view the pdf, and the software's version and language? As well as what version and language of OS you are using? And what happens when you change the damage die to something else (the field with blue text in the same line that says '2d6'), to for example '2p6'.

@TreChriron: Great that you like the sheet! The small boxes with red and black arrows are to indicate advantage and disadvantage. Select, for example, a heavy armor and you'll see the box with red arrow next to the Stealth skill get selected. Or select the Poisoned condition and see all skills get disadvantage.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
@morepurplemorebetter: That seems to have fixed it! For your reference, I'm using PDF-Xchange Editor (English) Version: 5.5 (Build 312.0) on a Windows 7 Professional 64-bit machine.

Attachments

• CharSheet capture 2.JPG
    CharSheet capture 2.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 519

Well than the cause of the problem is clear, your alternative pdf viewer thought of the 'd' in '2d6' as the exponential indicator as I suspected. I have now forced the javascript to view it as a string. I first thought you were using Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro because of how similar it looked in the image :)

TreChriron

Adventurer
Supporter
Awesome! I am planning on using this sheet for the upcoming Norwescon here in Seattle, WA. I won't be using the "automation" part at the table, but it should save me some serious time making the pre-gens AND helping players out at the table (sheet 3 especially!). Again, amazing work!

Glad to be of help from almost 8000 km (5000 miles) away ;)

Don't forget the spell sheets, they are a great tool for starting players to avoid having to flip through the PHB to look up every spell they can cast (at least that is what my intention was when making them).

Mizariz

Explorer
Loving the sheet, love the spell generator. All out high five!
However in the latest version of the spell sheet generator, the "database" sheet are locked.
I have been using your spell sheet and always looking forward to the next release, i have just been adding the "Book of Lost Spells" to the database.
Now i am stuck on version 2.8 and have to pick "upgrading" or my own addon :S
I am using Excel 2013 if it a complication.

Thank a million for the sheet and all you have done so far, hope you will stick with it and keep improving it :)

Hi Mizariz. This is the first time somebody mentions they look forward to the updates, which is awesome. Means that I'm not doing it just for me ;)

The 'Database' tab has been protected without a password in all versions that I have made. So if it is working for you in v2.8 and not in v3.0 that is very strange. What happens/what do you see when you press 'Unprotect sheet' when you are on the 'Database' tab?

Mizariz

Explorer
Hey morepurplemorebetter
I am sure that many people are checking your sheets often. I know that we toke one look at it and done deal, this is the sheet we are all using.

About the spell sheet, your (my downloaded version of them) 2.8 version and older versions (2.4 and 5), have a unprotected database sheet. I don't know why that is, however I can change it and it will print it when I click make PDF.
However it crash on me when i add to much text to the spell description :)
However if there are no password, I will try that and see if I can them myself again.

Hi Mizariz,

I kept all versions of the Spell Sheet generator that I uploaded on Enworld. Every single one of them has a protected Database tab. Only this protection is without a password for all of them. So unlike all the other tabs you can simply click 'unprotect sheet' in Excel and you can add your own homebrewn spells. If you go to the download page and download the Spell Sheet generator v3.0 you'll find a Database tab without a password. If you are getting a warning about a password that is very strange! I can't upload a version where I remove the password for the Database tab, because there is no password to remove.

Also the fact that your Excel crashes when adding Spell descriptions is something strange, but sounds more like an unfortunate combination of events that made Excel crash than you adding to much data. Making the description too long is not very useful anyway, because the final spell sheet can only accommodate a limited amount of text for each spell.

It doesn't sound like this is relevant for your issue, but could you tell me what version of Excel and OS you are using?

Remove ads