D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

TreChriron

Adventurer
Supporter
Glad to be of help from almost 8000 km (5000 miles) away ;)

Don't forget the spell sheets, they are a great tool for starting players to avoid having to flip through the PHB to look up every spell they can cast (at least that is what my intention was when making them).

The spell sheets are amazing! I am so absolutely happy I found these sheets. They are so well done! You deserve an award from WOTC. Amazing stuff.

Dayspire

Explorer
I just found this character sheet - and I love it (and I have very high standards on character sheets - kudos!).

One question, and maybe it's me. When I try and add a portrait, it actually only will let you put in another PDF. Not a .jpg or .bmp or anything else. By design?

David Fair

Villager
I just found this character sheet - and I love it (and I have very high standards on character sheets - kudos!).

One question, and maybe it's me. When I try and add a portrait, it actually only will let you put in another PDF. Not a .jpg or .bmp or anything else. By design?

You can put in other file types; just change the file type box from PDF to jpg (or bmp, or whatever) and the other formats will show and import just fine.

EDIT: Looks like that is true only if you are using Acrobat Pro, not the free reader. Sorry I hadn't realized this.

Last edited:

TreChriron

Adventurer
Supporter
You can put in other file types; just change the file type box from PDF to jpg (or bmp, or whatever) and the other formats will show and import just fine.

In acrobat pro, it only allows you to create a form field to import PDFs. You need an additional tool from Adobe to import different formats. It's a horrible shortcoming and personally I don't understand why (it's super aggravating).

Instead you will need to use your favorite PDF software and turn your image into a PDF then import. Generally if the field was setup to do so it will scale your image. I suggest going a tad bigger than the expected space. Smaller images scale up and look terrible. :)

Good catch there TreChriron! I always open my PDF's in Acrobat Pro and there I'm able to pick different file types. I hadn't even noticed that you don't get this option in Acrobat Reader. Unfortunately there is nothing I can change about this other than recommend you upgrade to Pro (or convert your images to PDF with one of the hundreds of free converters, which is probably a lot cheaper).

Both portrait and symbol fields should automatically scale your image to fit the field.

Mizariz

Explorer
Again loving the sheets :) Maybe you could do a donation box or something for all your hard work :)

Half-Elf are broken in Character Sheet v5.96 (A4), working fine i 5.8. When you click it, nothing happens in the race box on page 2.

Edit. Just wondering why Sacred flame is not in the auto attack calc funktion, since you added all the other cantrips :)

Last edited:

Thank you Mizariz and spinozajack for your kind words! Hope you enjoy using the sheets. As for a donation box, maybe I should just code one into the sheet ;)

@Mizariz: great catch with the Half-Elf! I hadn't noticed this at all because the old code had the duplicitous effect of not showing the Half-Elf traits at all, but giving you the Elf traits with the Half-Elf text. The old sheets actually give you proficiency in perception when you selected Half-Elf (all the other stuff like languages, speed, darkvision etc. are identical for Elfs and Half-Elfs so this was an easy thing to overlook). It has been fixed in v5.97 (I'm holding off on calling this v6.0 because I'm saving that for a major change).

As for the Sacred Flame cantrip. I only included cantrips that call for an attack roll, not all the cantrips. Sacred Flame works with a save, so it is omitted.

P.S. WOW! the sheets passed the 100K download mark, when I first uploaded this I never thought this would happen! Thank everybody for downloading, contributing, and upvoting my work. Hope you all enjoy these sheets and have a fun time making your kick-ass D&D 5e characters with them!

Last edited:

Skybrush

First Post
First off, thanks so much, this is an awesome set of sheets! Having great use for it when playing online!

I'm having some troubles with the spell sheet generator for Paladins though, as I can't get it to let me choose known spells. I've entered all the relevant information but get no choice for spells. Am I missing something or is it currently broken for Paladins?

Remove ads